Author Topic: How to set status?  (Read 786 times)

Offline PraveenC31

How to set status?
« on: December 29, 2018, 11:09:14 PM »
This might be a trivial question but I just cant figure out how to set a status for my station! Help pls...

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Re: How to set status?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 08:41:57 AM »
Specifically, what do you mean by status?

Offline PraveenC31

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 01:16:04 PM »
In WU, you could set status such as "Station under Maintanence"

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 01:50:36 PM »
In WU, you could set status such as "Station under Maintanence"
I have used it in the past.  It appears to be missing now.  Likely part of the changes/fixes they are going through.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 06:37:42 AM »
Status was removed a couple months ago along with the Edit button for the data charts. I understand the Edit button being removed as it didn't work anyway. But Status used to work for the most part. I read that some people abused the privilege and were putting in some unsavory messages as the status. It's always a few bad apples that ruin things for the rest.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 06:57:51 AM »
Status was removed a couple months ago along with the Edit button for the data charts. I understand the Edit button being removed as it didn't work anyway. But Status used to work for the most part. I read that some people abused the privilege and were putting in some unsavory messages as the status. It's always a few bad apples that ruin things for the rest.

I think you'll find the real reason is due to support staff not knowing how to fix something that is broken. the easiest option is to remove the feature. sadly WU's features are broken, and dont seem to get fixed, especially the gold stars, which, no matter how bad you data is, as long as you send data, you get a gold star. see example below:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

If WU are accepting any old data no matter how different it is between neighboring stations, then WU is not fit for purpose and should not be trusted. Also with users data not being shown even though the data was sent leads to my thinking the integrity of data on WU is now at risk.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:12:24 AM by ConligWX »
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

anything