Author Topic: Envoy update ended up with no baro pressure  (Read 524 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Envoy update ended up with no baro pressure
« on: September 29, 2020, 09:07:32 PM »
I have 2 consoles and an Envoy. I have a WiFiLogger which I have finally found time to mess with. Turns out I misread the firmware level in both consoles so I updated them to 1.9 (because I remember something about v3 not liking Virtual Vantage Pro....that true?). The WiFiLogger will kind of work with 1.8 and older but some data will be missing. Well I went ahead and updated the Envoy to 1.9 (it has a serial datalogger). Well 2 out of 3 ain't good here. The Envoy reports 0 baro pressure. I tried clearing it, reset it and finally called Davis. They don't know what happened and will call back on Wednesday. Right now I am using the WiFiLogger to feed VVPro and all the weather software.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Envoy update ended up with no baro pressure
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 10:06:49 PM »
So are consoles and Envoy wireless or wired? There are 4 separate versions of each FW release to handle Wired and non-wired consoles and Envoys. Were the correct versions upgraded to the correct units?

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 10:19:43 PM »
All are wireless and yes the matching updates were installed directly downloaded from Davis.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 05:58:18 PM »
Spent some phone time with Davis support. They don't know what happened. They had me update to 3.80. Didn't work. Loaded 1.90 which they emailed me. Still no baro pressure. They offered to send me a replacement Envoy for $60 in exchange for the old one.....but I would have buy a new logger because....the new Envoys only work with a green dot logger. I can send them my old Envoy for repair...but it will come back with 3.80 even if I ask that 1.9 only be loaded. They are checking to see if after repair I can reload 1.9 without hosing it. The tech I talked to didn't understand about no firmware above 1.9 and said I couldn't run more than one program. I gave him a walk through of VPSE with VVPro and multiple weather programs and no green dot and no firmware above 1.9 because of Loop2. So he is going to see if they can make an exception. Right. I might check with Ryan at SI to see if he has any older Envoys in stock.

Oh I asked about If the VP3 was coming out soon.....after a long hesitation he said...not at this time....

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 05:34:20 AM »
What are the MFG dates of the consoles and especially the Envoy?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 06:51:00 AM »
What are the MFG dates of the consoles and especially the Envoy?

Important question. Was it perhaps made in that 6-month period from Nov 2005 to April 2006? If so then v1.9 is the latest firmware to use - anything later apparently won't show pressure or inside temp/hum.

To access v1.9 F/W downloads, see note at bottom of page at https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/updating-console-firmware. Hopefully the links are still working.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 06:57:51 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 08:33:55 AM »
Verified with Davis that it would work with 1.9 and above. Sent it in for repair. Davis agreed to not upgrade it above 1.9 so it won't break all my software.