Author Topic: Cumulus Status?  (Read 1768 times)

Offline blainec

• Weather YYC
Cumulus Status?
« on: July 10, 2018, 09:24:19 PM »
Is the software still being supported?
I was on the official forum and it didn't appear that there are any new updates lately.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: Cumulus Status?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 09:36:59 PM »
Steve retired so don't think software is being updated anymore. I'm not sure if there is technical support or not but if forum is open there maybe. 
I've been using whatever last desktop version was 1.94  and just use the wiki if I need answers. Also some here can help.
Randy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 11:50:38 PM »
As far as I understand there is no plan to update the original Cumulus, with version 1.9.4 (build 1099) being the latest release and available in the download section.

The newer multi platform CumulusMx is at v3.0.0 build 3043 and Steve has not made any update or changes to it since Jan 2017.

Support for both original Cumulus and CumulusMX is ongoing on the Sandaysoft forum with Steve monitoring and contributing along with the usual ex[size=78%]perienced [/size][/size][size=78%]users.[/size]

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 01:45:58 AM »
Maybe these guys (Softwx, too!) should just open source it when they "retire"?
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 10:05:24 AM »
Steve is retired from his day job and relocating his home, not retired from Cumulus!

Enjoy,
Paul
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:07:10 AM by PaulMy »

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 10:29:41 AM »
<chuckle>  I'm running 1.9.4-b1079.  Uh, I'll get up to 1099 one of these days.  ;)

Seriously, Cumulus is such a stable program that I've had it run on my old Dell laptop for six months without ever rebooting.  It just runs, and runs, and runs...  I'll even go so far as saying it is the *most stable* software that I've ever ran!!!  Personally, I don't hesitate recommending Cumulus to anyone who wanted to set up a weather station website.  Add Ken's Saratoga templates and you're off to the races!!!!!

Paul, the last time I heard from Steve he was in Spain or Portugal (can't remember, comes with the territory  #-o ).  I had sent him a small, annual "Cumulus gratuity" and he responded that it would buy him and his wife supper and a bottle of wine...apparently where he was at was an affordable area.  :lol:  I think, unless something has changed for them, that "mobile" is there home at the moment...I'm a bit envious, I must admit!   More power to them!!!!!!!!  =D&gt;

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 03:49:57 PM »
I believe he has bought and moving in to a permanent place in France, but some more mobile travelling is also in the planning.

Enjoy,
Paul