Author Topic: Meteobridge and Weatherlink for Mac  (Read 1117 times)

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
Meteobridge and Weatherlink for Mac
« on: December 25, 2018, 12:49:37 PM »
Is there no tcp/ip option for weather link on the Mac? I have the Meteobridge uploading to weather underground and CWOP, but I also want to upload it to Weatherlink. I can't find any option in the communication port for tcp/ip.

Does this mean it isn't possible to connect from Meteobridge to Weatherlink if I have a Mac?
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline Jvietri

Re: Meteobridge and Weatherlink for Mac
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 08:02:00 PM »
Sorry I don’t have an answer to you question, but am curious about your setup. How do you get data from your Davis weather station to the Meteobrige?  I am looking to post to wunderground but don’t want to buy WeatherLink.  Thx

Offline Brientim

• Contributor
Meteobridge and Weatherlink for Mac
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 02:08:07 AM »
What WeatherLink do you have, IP, or USB? If WeatherLink IP, this can be configured to push data directly to WeatherLink completely independently of any software.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:10:25 AM by Brientim »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 02:09:29 AM »
Is there no tcp/ip option for weather link on the Mac? I have the Meteobridge uploading to weather underground and CWOP, but I also want to upload it to Weatherlink. I can't find any option in the communication port for tcp/ip.

Does this mean it isn't possible to connect from Meteobridge to Weatherlink if I have a Mac?
Weatherlink for Mac does not support the Davis IP logger. Only the serial-usb ones.
There is no code in the program for ip-connections.

Wim

Offline Brientim

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 02:47:37 AM »
Sorry I don’t have an answer to you question, but am curious about your setup. How do you get data from your Davis weather station to the Meteobrige?  I am looking to post to wunderground but don’t want to buy WeatherLink.  Thx

You have a number 3rd party alternatives that you can implement WifiLogger or Meteobridge Nano plug directly into the console and connect directly through your Wifi to upload data.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 04:36:52 AM »
Wait for Weather Link Live (WLL) to be released in the next few months. This will allow you to keep your current Meteobridge setup and also add the ability to send to Weatherlink.com.

If you can't wait for WLL you can buy an Envoy 8x or a 2nd console along with its own data logger for use with Weatherlink. This is kind of an expensive solution. I'd wait for the WLL.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole