Author Topic: Acurite 6058M HD display frozen  (Read 8763 times)

Offline Bensouthall

Acurite 6058M HD display frozen
« on: February 06, 2020, 03:16:07 PM »
Thought I'd tap into your collective brains to see what in earth might have happened to my acurite hd display.

We had a very short power cut last night of around 10 seconds and once all my other household devices had powered back up, I noticed my Acurite weather station had frozen on the pretty Acurite landscape loading screen.

I've tried unplugging, holding each of the screen buttons for an extended time during power up but nothing can get me back to the normal operations screen ?!?

Any ideas of how to reset or get this back up and running?

Any help greatly appreciated

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch

Offline Bensouthall

Re: Acurite 6058M HD display frozen
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 04:32:08 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately there's no black button inside that little Cover where the USB input is :(

Any other ideas?

Offline Bensouthall

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 04:44:47 PM »

This is all I get after powering up :(

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 05:19:04 PM »
How old is this display ? It looks like a older model that I cannot find and info for a reset in the manual https://www.acurite.com/media/manuals/06058-instructions.pdf

Probably be best to try and contact Acurite by chat or e-mail maybe they know a way to reset it . Could be the power source got damaged and is not putting out the right amount of power but that would be a long shot . Try a couple of different outlets and if you have another power adapter that's the same output maybe try that .  And it could have gotten a power surge that damaged the display . Or as with some of the new displays it just bricked itself . There's been some problems with the new Atlas displays doing that .  Good luck !!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 05:20:40 PM by Mabcmb »

Offline Bensouthall

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 05:33:19 PM »
It's only 18 months old so shouldn't be failing yet surely!?!

I'll drop their support a line now....

Thank you

Offline AlanD96

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 10:47:26 AM »
Your display is BRICKED.    As CW2274 mentioned above, there is a threat labeled "Atlas Display Frozen"  that explains the whole thing.    No changing power supplies or looking for reset buttons will fix it.  Please read that thread. 

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 11:12:14 AM »
It seems like a different model. Seems like Acurite is having this freezing issue with more than one model. Does that other thread discuss just one model or several?

Should this thread be merged into the other thread? Or are these separate issues? I'm leaning into a merge decision.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline AlanD96

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 11:16:41 AM »
It seems like a different model. Seems like Acurite is having this freezing issue with more than one model. Does that other thread discuss just one model or several?

Should this thread be merged into the other thread? Or are these separate issues? I'm leaning into a merge decision.

galfert -  I see now that this IS a different model with the same symptoms.  I should have noticed from the picture.    Thanks for pointing that out. 

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 11:18:21 AM »

This is a totally different display from the Atlas one . The atlas display is  model 06061M and this person talking about model 06058M which doesn't work with the Atlas .

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 12:08:29 PM »
Okay then. Separate displays but seemingly same issue. I'll let them stand as separate threads and not merge as that might facilitate others to find the appropriate thread as who knows a solution may be found to one that doesn't apply to the other. Although I think the outcomes will be the same, no fix, but we'll see.

CW2274 did well in referencing the other thread as it could prove what happens there to help with this separate model.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2020, 02:21:01 PM »
Mine just stared doing the same thing. I unplugged it and it came back online the same way pictured above. Pressing buttons does not change anything. I reached out the Acurite and they suggested leaving it unplugged for 5 minutes then seeing if it comes back. If that doesn't work, the unit is probably bad. Since this is at the weekend place, I'll try leaving it unplugged for awhile and see if that helps.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 04:04:03 PM »
No dice, had to order a new one. I went with a wifi unit that displays the forecast as well. Still need the Access for internet connectivity for the 5 in 1.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline jsp4444

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 10:47:56 AM »
Same thing just happened to mine yesterday, I looked at it and noticed the screen had this weird grey color, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it stuck on the loading screen.  Now that is all that it will do. 
Anyone had any luck fixing it or is it now junk just like all my other Acurite products?  I have been looking for an excuse to get a much better weather system since the whole smartHUB debacle a few years ago.  I guess I now have a reason!

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 12:29:46 PM »
Same thing just happened to mine yesterday, I looked at it and noticed the screen had this weird grey color, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it stuck on the loading screen.  Now that is all that it will do. 
Anyone had any luck fixing it or is it now junk just like all my other Acurite products?  I have been looking for an excuse to get a much better weather system since the whole smartHUB debacle a few years ago.  I guess I now have a reason!

Contact Acurite and if it's under a year old they will replace it .

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 12:43:36 PM »
Yes, you should try requesting a replacement. What do you have to loose. I just had a frozen displayed replaced two weeks ago that I had for less than a year.

https://support.acurite.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

anything