Author Topic: Meteobridge NANO "No weather network traffic" - Davis Vantage Pro2 new setup  (Read 524 times)

Offline hedodoc

I just installed a new Davis Vantage Pro2 at a 2nd home with the Meteobridge NANO.  I have a wired meteobridge connected to a Davis Weather Envoy at my primary residence uploading to Weather Underground.

With the new station, I have successfully connected to Weather Underground and it shows that I am "online."  However, NO weather data is being uploaded.  When I log into the NANO and check live data, it says "no weather network traffic."  The weather network tabs show green checks beside my Weather Underground network and as I said, when I check online at Weather Underground, it says the station is online but I'm not getting any data.

When I check the NANO <system><logging> here is what I see:

29:21): station 0 (Vantage), execution of setup script failed (console is not responding).
logger (21.01.2021 21:29:21): station 0 (Vantage), internal logger activated.
logger (21.01.2021 21:29:21): station 0 (Vantage), syncing.
logger (21.01.2021 21:29:21): station 0 (Vantage), gettime request sent.
logger (21.01.2021 21:29:41): message above repeats 2 times.
logger (21.01.2021 21:29:51): station 0 (Vantage), execution of setup script failed (console is not responding).
logger (21.01.2021 21:29:51): station 0 (Vantage), internal logger activated.
logger (21.01.2021 21:29:51): station 0 (Vantage), syncing.
logger (21.01.2021 21:29:51): station 0 (Vantage), gettime request sent."
logger (21.01.2021 21:30:01): message above repeats 1 time.

"Console is not responding" seems a big clue.  I have tried changing several settings in the NANO to no avail. I have no idea what to do next. 

Any ideas??

................Bob

Offline hedodoc

SOLVED!

I found the NANO was not set properly in the socket. When I went to hit the reset button, the NANO rocked a bit back and forth.  I firmly seated it in the socket and went back through the entire setup and all is now well!  I did notice that the indoor temperature was high by about 9-10 degrees F but was able to correct that in the setup and the console is now reading correctly. 

HOURS spent trying to get this thing running all due to operator error! LOL

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
High indoor temp. Do you run the backlight on console? That drives temp up.

Some people like the light and do the correction as you have.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:09:39 PM by davidmc36 »

Offline hedodoc

The NANO is a small computer device that generates heat.  It plugs into the accessory port of the Davis weather station console.  The manufacturer states it will make the indoor temp read high but it's an easy manner to add in a correction factor via the NANO software.

anything