Author Topic: OSI: How to tell rainfall for the day ?  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Snowda

OSI: How to tell rainfall for the day ?
« on: October 05, 2007, 08:59:54 AM »
Just got an OSI 968.  All seems to be working well. Cannot figure out how to tell how much rainfall we've received so far in a day though.  Memory appears to only give options for Hr, Yesterday, Total (since last reset).  Is the only way to do it by manually resetting every night (which we'll never remember to do) or using software (my wife wanted a simple LCD panel she could read rainfall readings from, not have to log on to a PC)?

Thanks,

Offline NoQuitters

• Forecaster
  • W0DLJ - 145.470
    • Overland Park Weather
Re: OSI: How to tell rainfall for the day ?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 10:14:25 AM »
It's a been a few years since I owned one but I'm pretty sure you can do what you're trying to. You might want to look here: http://insvr1.midcoastwater.com.au/WMRmanual.pdf It's the manual for the Radio Shack version of the OSI unit. Exact same thing but much better manual.

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 01:14:03 PM »
You can not view daily rain just yesterdays, hourly & yearly total. The only way of monitoring daily rain is with a piexe of software such as Weather Display or VWS.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline glorfindeal

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 07:01:27 PM »
Quote from: "Anthony"
You can not view daily rain just yesterdays, hourly & yearly total. The only way of monitoring daily rain is with a piexe of software such as Weather Display or VWS.

He could have had a V8, uh, I mean a Vantage Pro :-)

Glor

Offline skywatcher_3

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:37:40 AM »
I seen walmart had a Acurite wireless rain gauge for $28. Looks good and I will soon get it with my tax refund. I had good luck with there products. Hope this helps.