Author Topic: 5 Webcams Running!  (Read 2821 times)

Offline utahweatherbear

• Senior Contributor
    • Weatherbear's World
5 Webcams Running!
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:52:16 AM »
My website now offers 5 views from my home in South Ogden, Utah if you wanna check them out. One camera (NW) is a Sharx IP Network cam, 3 cams (E, SSE, SW) are Microsoft Lifecam Cinema, and 1 cam (NNE) is a Logitech widescreen HDpro. Wx Station is the Vantage View...   :-)

http://weatherbear.com/

enjoy!

Offline gadget_guy

• Forecaster
Re: 5 Webcams Running!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »
Very nice job.  I'd like to know more about your setup.  I've had problems running more than on webcam on a PC.  I'm sure the software drivers were a major part of the problem.  Any info you can pass along would be appreciated.

KVAMCGAH2 - Massanutten VA Davis
KVAMASSA2 -Massanutten VA Oregon Scientific
WA2ONG

Offline 4wd

• Forecaster
    • North York Moors weather
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 11:26:13 AM »
I did a double take at your scarily low humidity and dewpoint.
My lowest humidity this year was late one afternoon in June when it touched 30% (same davis vue station too)

Offline utahweatherbear

• Senior Contributor
    • Weatherbear's World
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 03:53:18 PM »
Very nice job.  I'd like to know more about your setup.  I've had problems running more than on webcam on a PC.  I'm sure the software drivers were a major part of the problem.  Any info you can pass along would be appreciated.

Thanx! nothing too special. 4 of the cams are usb, one (logitech) running on my usb2 port with over 60 feet of cable. surprised it works, was finding limits of 30 feet or less depending on the camera. I use webcamXP as the software to stream and collect the pics, but have to admit the 4 cams are taxing my system a bit. Could probably use some more memory...but think I'll be ok. Sent screenshot of webcamXP software...

Offline utahweatherbear

• Senior Contributor
    • Weatherbear's World
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »
I did a double take at your scarily low humidity and dewpoint.
My lowest humidity this year was late one afternoon in June when it touched 30% (same davis vue station too)

yes...bone dry today. south winds ahead of a front can draw up some very dry air from the southwest deserts. I'm actually humid at 8% compared to the salt lake airport which sits at 6% currently... :lol:

Offline PaulyA

• Bellmere Weather (Queensland, Australia)
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »
Wow.. Nice setup and what a lovely area.  (One of your neighbors has a nice looking car too!)
Well done on the website and the webcams.
www.bellmereweather.net (Near Caboolture, Queensland, Australia)