Author Topic: Are there any weather alert radios that has just voice & display option no....?  (Read 2739 times)

Offline groze

Are there any weather alert radios that has just voice & display option no alert tone?

My current weather radio, even when set on voice. Sounds a tone before it switches to voice.    I am wanting to a radio that just turns on the Voice and has Specific Area Message Encoder (SAME).    If I can wake by radio,  I can sure wake by the NWS person.

My weather alert radio
Voice  Option (No proceeding alert tone).
Display Option for the times you are not home
SAME settings for a specific counties.
No tone each time you press a key.

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
Are there any weather alert radios that has just voice & display option no alert tone?

My current weather radio, even when set on voice. Sounds a tone before it switches to voice.    I am wanting to a radio that just turns on the Voice and has Specific Area Message Encoder (SAME).    If I can wake by radio,  I can sure wake by the NWS person.

My weather alert radio
Voice  Option (No proceeding alert tone).
Display Option for the times you are not home
SAME settings for a specific counties.
No tone each time you press a key.

My Midland WR300 (the snazzier version of the 100) won't do that without disabling the alert altogether...HOWEVER...it does have the ability to set the alarm volume, and trust me, it's low volume is pretty low.  It's not so loud that it wakes me up at attention but it does get my attention.  I don't know of any of the radios that do that.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

anything