Author Topic: Antique weather clock:  (Read 6730 times)

Offline anchorageweather

• Forecaster
    • http://eetee.us/station/station.php
Antique weather clock:
« on: July 23, 2007, 10:16:01 PM »
South of the Tracks, Anchorage, KY

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Re: Antique weather clock:
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 11:20:57 PM »
So could you say that the current condition is half past hot, or it's a quarter to windy?

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 12:12:53 AM »
Could also be a dooms day clock with the scull and cross bone indication.  Lost internet connection or the end of the world.  I guess to some of us they are one and the same anyway.   :mrgreen:

I bet you could do the same thing with the old novelty barometers.  You know, the one that had a girl and a boy.  One of them had boots and an umbrella.   :-k
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline ELDoradoWx

• El Dorado Weather
  • Senior Contributor
  • Gentoo X = Complete_Control
    • El Dorado Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 09:10:30 PM »
Aren't antique clocks like this much more valuable if you restore their original works? Do you have any idea as to when this one was made and where? The one shown in the post is a very cool looking clock. If I saw it somewhere for sale, I think I would have a hard time passing it up.

I really love antique clocks, and have four of them in my living room. I had them restored by an antique clock expert.
-Danny
-root is everything

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 09:20:45 PM »
Quote from: "Xootneg"
Aren't antique clocks like this much more valuable if you restore their original works? ...
I really love antique clocks, and have four of them in my living room. I had them restored by an antique clock expert.

That was my first thought too as I have a weak spot for old clocks as well.  I was comforted though when he mentioned further down in the print that it was a cheap, fake, antique replica he picked up on Ebay.

Now if he'd said it was Grandma's old clock uncle Ed picked while in Germany after the war, that would have got me upset.   :wink:
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline ELDoradoWx

• El Dorado Weather
  • Senior Contributor
  • Gentoo X = Complete_Control
    • El Dorado Weather
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 09:24:10 PM »
Quote from: "Mark / Ohio"
That was my first thought too as I have a weak spot for old clocks as well.  I was comforted though when he mentioned further down in the print that it was a cheap fake antique replica he picked up on Ebay.

Thanks for the heads up Mark, I will go ahead and insert foot...

I think it was the

"I love the idea of hacking antiques, using electronics to update their functionality or change it completly"

that got me...
-Danny
-root is everything