Author Topic: problem with collecting data  (Read 4605 times)

Offline gili77

problem with collecting data
« on: February 12, 2010, 05:22:21 AM »
i have a WS-2350 weather station. i enjoy very much the "heavy weather " program. i know that the station monitor collects 175 sets of data, but unlimited sets of data while connected to pc( in the history file). unfortunately it isn't so.....during the night hours it happens that the history file miss some hours... for example, i have the data set of 20:20 and the data set which follows is 07:20 in the day after... it happens almost every night ( and sometimes afternoon) and not in the same hours... i tried to find the "formula" to figure out why it happens but couldn't find any answer to that.. it is irritating because many times i miss the data for the minimal temperature. i am enclosing a text file. don't pay attention to the subject. it is fixed when i am transferring it to excel file. just look at the date and time in the left side and see what happens in 9/2 and between 10/2 to 11/2.  my questions are:

1) why is that?
2)is there any other way to save the min\max data everyday to a file?( i mean, automatically)
3) is there a better program ( compatible to ws-2350) which saves unlimited sets of data?

sorry, if i am repeating someone else's question. i am newbie here and i know i will learn a lot here in the future.

thanks in advance for any answer!!

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: problem with collecting data
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 06:38:23 AM »
Hi gili77 and welcome to the forum.
You might want to try WUHU software ( http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/  ) to run your WS2350 instead. Great program and can write history files too.

Offline gili77

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 06:48:21 AM »
hi,
thanks for your reply,

i downloaded WUHU now but i find some difficulties in using it:

1) the current weather doesn't change...
2) didn't understand how can i state a fixed interval for the history file(e.g. if i want the interval in the history file to be every 3 minutes...)
3) in the history file the time is not stated ( instead you see some black lines)

i'll appreciate any help!!

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:29:22 AM »
gili77,

Down near the bottom of the WuHu screen, on the left side, you'll see "Useful Internet Links" and in there "WUHU Yahoo Group". Look around in there and you'll likely see the answers to your difficulties. The creator of this program, wuhu_software, visits this WxForum site as well as the WUHU Yahoo Group and has many answers to get you setup and running smoothly.