Author Topic: Solar data added to Weather for You?  (Read 5984 times)

Offline SOCALWX

• DW3849 NOAA
Solar data added to Weather for You?
« on: January 16, 2010, 02:18:23 PM »
I really like the Weather For You website--nice and clean--visually easy to view.   The one item that would be great to add is "solar" data--I often go to my other sites to view this since I can't see it on Weather For You?

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
Re: Solar data added to Weather for You?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 02:28:05 PM »
Thanks for the comments.  If you think it looks clean now just wait until the new design is rolled out in a few weeks.  ;)

What solar data are you looking for?  Can you give me an example of where you're finding that now?

Joe Torsitano

Offline SOCALWX

• DW3849 NOAA
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 09:55:50 PM »
Look forward to the new format.   The solar radiation is in watts/square meter (show suns intensity)---I have it on my Davis Vantage Pro2.   It would be great to add this.   UV data is also available. 

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 10:08:16 PM »
Ah, the solar data from personal weather stations.  We have plans to implement it.  Most of the software authors have added it to the data sent.  We just need to tell the system to extract it.  :)
Joe Torsitano

Offline SOCALWX

• DW3849 NOAA
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 11:31:36 AM »
Great--that is excellent news on adding the solar data!   I really look forward to that.   :grin:

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »
Well I talked to the guys at PWS Weather, and they will be adding solar and UV soon. Don't know when. It would be nice like for UV to have a color indications of UV sevarity. Like Green (low 0-2), Yellow (med 3-5), Orange (high 6-7), Red (very high 8-10), Purple (extream 11>). It would also be cool if the high solar and UV is recorded. On
Wunderground the solar and UV is displayed and graphed. Solar is stored in the tabular, but the highs arn't recorded. This would be nice from PWS Weather. to be able to see what the high solar or UV was. Just a few suggestions.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline Sunfish

• Contributor
    • moor park weather
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »
PWS is nice to use, quick and easy to set up with great graphics and bang up to date layout.
Its very easy on the eye and with no extraneous information. I like the onboard location map.

Well done PWS.

Offline JACK10562

• Forecaster
  • DW5051
    • DW5051 East Harwich MA
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 01:40:53 PM »
Here's a suggestion, (applied for those who upload solar and UV data) I think the precip rate and daily precip total columns could be removed and slot the live UV/Solar data in there, then present the relocateded precip tabular data to the precipitation graph area.

Or, probably the easiest by far is leave the tabular history page alone, as is, and just add a Solar tab to the station history for solar. :!:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 01:45:13 PM by JACK10562 »
CWOP:DW5051
MADIS ID:D5051
WU:KMAEASTH4
CoCoRaHS:MA-BA-23
DavisVantagePro2Plus#6163
Cumulus 1.9.4(1097)←☼

anything