Author Topic: Lakeville, MN  (Read 3053 times)

Offline lakevillewx

• http://www.lakevilleweather.com
Lakeville, MN
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:14:35 AM »
Hello! Happy to be here...I would like to share my site www.lakevilleweather.com. We are located in Lakeville, MN, a southern suburb of the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St.Paul). Here is my setup:

- Davis Vantage 2 Pro Wireless
- Gateway 9300 Solo Laptop Computer (Pentium III)
- WeatherDisplay
- Sometimes using VirtualVP (currently disabled, but looking to use again)
- AJAX Powered Pages
- Streaming NOAA Radio
- Weather Journal/Blog

Website is actually created using a combination of a few different technologies. I use MovableType software to run the "back end" of the website. It is actually blogging software, but it allows a really easy way to put together different chunks of code - whether HTML or scripts or whatever - in a plug-and-play format (everything is built on modules and templates). Kinda like DNN for those who are familiar. The other reason for MovableType is that I have a weather blog that is integrated into the site, and that is truly what MovableType was built for.

I am using the brilliant AJAX scripts developed by Ken True (and Tom Chapin, Pinto, et al) to run the dynamic updates of weather variables. Looking forward to more script implementation for graphs and other nifty things. Here is a short To Do list:

- get forecast and warning scripts up an running (currently waiting on my host to allow 'fopen' commands in php...ticket has been opened)
- write a better records page
- implement php-driven graphs
- clean up other graphics
- draw more traffic!

Hope you like it!

Kris
Kris Pierson - lakevilleweather.com

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Lakeville, MN
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »
Welcome Kris!

You have a great looking site .. very clever to use Movable Type as the basis for the overall structure.

Thanks for the kind comments about the AJAX script, built on the pioneering efforts of Pinto and Carterlake.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline BfdWx

• WxElement panel
  • Senior Contributor
    • Branford Weather
Re: Lakeville, MN
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:22:39 PM »
Very nice job Kris, I'll be watching for your php updates. Thanks to Ken I now know what php is!!! :D

Jack