Author Topic: Uniden BC370CRS Weather Radio  (Read 10494 times)

Offline GregK

• Contributor
  • SNUGGLES: My Baby Girl
Uniden BC370CRS Weather Radio
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:51:10 PM »
I have a Midland WR-300 weather alert radio which I have used for about 2 years now.  Recently, I stopped receiving the weekly tests, although I know they are being sent.  At times I will get a 3-5 second "scratchy" noise over it, but no alerts are taking place.

At any rate, I just discovered the Uniden BC370CRS scanner and weather alert radio.

http://www.uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=BC370CRS

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this radio.  The scanning function is nice, although I have Two Uniden Digital scanners.  My main concern is the severe weather alert function and how well that works.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks

Greg

Also just thought of something.  This unit receives TV broadcasts as well.  Since TV recently went digital, will  the TV function still receive broadcasts?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:10:42 AM by GregK »
Help Save An Innocent Life: WWW.ASPCA.COM
United States Air Force (Retired)

Offline GregK

• Contributor
Re: Uniden BC370CRS Weather Radio
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 02:23:25 PM »
Hi  :-)

Me Again  :smile:

Just wondering again.  Can anyone tell me anything about the Uniden BC370CRS   :-k

Hoping so !! [-o<

Greg
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:25:06 PM by GregK »

Offline Tusker2Zero

• Skywarn Spotter
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »
My brother has one. I don't play with it or anything when I visit his house, but he says it works ok for him. It doesn't do digital or trunking or anything like that, but it does the basic job of analog scanning and weather alerts.

If you need to know something more specific, I can forward questions to him if need be.

- Robert N8UAN
Nashville, TN

Offline GregK

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 12:18:20 AM »
Thanks.  I understand the analog scanner, but concerned over how well the weather alert function works.  Is it reliable. Also, can you scan and still pick up a weather alert if one is issued? 

I have had a very difficult time finding info for this model.  Appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

Greg

Offline Thunderbolt

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »
At one time, Uniden manufactured dedicated NOAA Weather Radio receivers with the old Bearcat name. Their first models in the late 1980s and 1990s didn't include SAME technology, but decoded the standard 1050Hz tone. However, their WX-100 model that made its debut in 2000, not only recognized SAME alerts, but also EOM messages that would silence the radio if it was set to voice mode.

Then in 2003, Uniden released their last dedicated Weather Radio the WX-150, which was an improved version of the WX-100. Since sales of these radios were terrible at best, the management at Uniden decided to just feature SAME decoding technology in their scanners. They feel its more effective to sell a police scanner with a SAME decoder built in, since it's easier to market the radios with these features.

I have two Uniden scanners and I have used the Weather Alert function with excellent results. All you need to do is plug in the correct SAME Codes for your area, and set the radio to the correct frequency and you are in business. All Uniden radios use different siren tones to alert you of any weather alerts, based on whether they are an advisory, watch or warning. I really like this feature a lot, as I can be another room and instantly tell what my receiver has been activated for.

Yours truly,

Ron

anything