Author Topic: clientraw frequency  (Read 2581 times)

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
clientraw frequency
« on: October 23, 2009, 05:45:38 PM »
Ok, I see there are ways to vary the upload frequency of the clientraw file in WD, however since I use fling I dont use WD's ftp client, WD is updating the file every three seconds, and fling is trying to upload every 3 seconds. I dont need that "real time"

I can seem to find where you vary the actual update time.  Anyone?

I thought I found a place on the "internet file creation" tab, but I click 1 minutes and it still cranks out every 3 seconds.  If I turn off on the other page, it fully stops??? 

Thanks
Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
Re: clientraw frequency
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 05:58:07 PM »
If you look at the attached picture you could see where to change the time betwen uploads
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 06:12:24 PM »
Iam not uploading, I am updating.  Uploading only works for ftp within WD.  Mine is defaulted at 25 seconds or something, and the update is still 3 seconds.

Andrew

If you look at the attached picture you could see where to change the time betwen uploads

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline floodcaster

• Forecaster
    • Goose Lake Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 06:28:04 PM »
I'm not sure you can adjust the clientraw file creation times, only upload times. You may want to post a question over at the WD forum.
Bill

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 06:13:28 AM »
This was not a feature in WD. 

3 seconds is too fast and was clogging up fling, and affecting my GR3 uploads.  could not use ftp within WD as it would put me over the 2 concurrent ftp limit on godaddy sporadically.  I could tweak that particular fling folder to 1 minute (rather than update on file change), but that was a little on the long side for me... so I was torn.

The past tense of "was not" is key here.  I posted on weather-watch forum.  After a very short debate as to why I thought it was a good feature, Brian added to program and did a release withing a few hours.   Pretty cool.

Andrew

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 06:24:58 AM »
The support for WD is incredible, Brian really puts a lot of energy in to this program.  =D>
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

anything