Author Topic: WDLive last 31 day temp and rain graphs - Reset  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Paukert

WDLive last 31 day temp and rain graphs - Reset
« on: September 13, 2009, 01:48:41 PM »
Greetings,

Often for some reason or another my 31-day temp and rain graphs get wiped clean in WDLive.  As I understood it, the way to fix this was to go into the Weather Display Control Panel/Action/Convert Log File to Date Files (Reset Graphs).  This seems to work only occasionally, and if it does it doesn't seem to get 'fixed' until hours later or the next day.

What's the right way to reset my WDL graphs and when should I expect to see the changes?

Thanks,

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
Re: WDLive last 31 day temp and rain graphs - Reset
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 03:22:31 PM »
make sure to also do the recreate last 31 days data

the data is updated straight away on your pc, but that clientrawdaily.txt is only uploaded to your web site 4 times a day , for WDL (as its only daily data, i.e does not change very fast), so hence the delay
(you could instead manualy upload the updated clientrawdaily.txt)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline Paukert

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 04:24:32 PM »
Thanks.  Kinda stupid, but I was only converting the monthly log files.  Didn't see the 31daysdata.txt file to convert that.

I converted it, manually uploaded clientrawdaily.txt and it is fixed.

Thanks for solving the mystery about the only 4X daily upload.  That was a real head scratcher.  I'd convert the files and would sometimes see changes right away, sometimes the next day, etc.

Cheers,

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 05:22:05 PM »
you sill need to first convert this and last months data file then recreate the last 31 days data file
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com