Author Topic: CUdefs needs updating.  (Read 741 times)

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vicarage Weather Feed
CUdefs needs updating.
« on: May 10, 2023, 12:15:07 PM »
Hi,

Just noticed this morning that CUdefs.pop is now showing deprivation errors, is there an upto date version of the file.
 Everything was fine yesterday, so these errors are new.

Thanks. Nick.
dw7240.com.

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: CUdefs needs updating.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 12:45:24 PM »
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 01:04:38 PM »
Sorry Ken,

I've got latest version installed which I already tried and rebounded back yo a older version, still same issue, also common.php showing depricated error.......

Warning: Undefined variable $string in /home/gmib2hi4341s/public_html/Base-Canada/common.php on line 503

this file is also latest version, check-fetch-times shows all files are up to date, and check-fetch-times is latest version.

Any suggestions ?

Nick. dw7240.com

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 01:11:59 PM »
Hmmm... try changing common.php line 496 from
Code: [Select]
$string1 = '';
to
$string = '';
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 01:22:28 PM »
ahh, great thanks Ken, common.php seems to have no errors now, now just CUdefs to sort out, heres the error as shown on site.....

Warning: Undefined variable $tstr in /home/gmib2hi4341s/public_html/Base-Canada/CU-defs.php on line 741

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/gmib2hi4341s/public_html/Base-Canada/CU-defs.php on line 741

Thanks Ken for your time as ever.

Nick. dw7240.com

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 01:27:22 PM »
The Deprecated/Warning errors on your home page seem to be caused by missing data in your CUtags.php?sce=dump

$WX['tempH'] = '-9999.0';
$WX['TtempH'] = '----';
$WX['tempL'] = '9999.0';
$WX['TtempL'] = '----';

That should contain data like
$WX['tempH'] = '109.1'; // All time high temperature
$WX['TtempH'] = 'at 14:19 on 06 September 2022'; // Time/Date of All time high temperature
$WX['tempL'] = '0.0'; // All time low temperature
$WX['TtempL'] = 'at 21:57 on 16 May 2015'; // Time/Date of All time low temperature
from my station (and CumulusMX)

Try using the Records editor in the CumulusMX control panel to fix the issues.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:35:14 PM by saratogaWX »

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 06:21:36 PM »
Well further investigation on my part has shown that CUdefs does not work correctly under php 8.1, my server was updated last night to the latest version from 7.4 thanks to Godaddy,  so after placing server back to 7.4, CUdefs now works ok.

My thermometer graphic has gone, not sure whats happened there, also Beetlejuice's script for the SunLight hours has gone also.

Suggestions ?

Thanks Nick. dw7240.com

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 06:52:20 PM »
The current CU-defs.php works fine with PHP8.2 (I've tested it).  I think the issue is with the data in CUtags.php -- you seem to be missing current data for temp,humidity, wind, rain, and baro. (Also happening in your realtime.txt file and realtimegauges.txt files) The wdir for wind is also showing '-'. I don't think your CumulusMX is collecting data from your station.  That lack of actual data is likely the cause of issues with PHP 8.1.  Look at your wxtrends.php page..it looks quite anomalous.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 07:05:04 PM by saratogaWX »

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2023, 06:39:30 AM »
using 8.1 php here without issues with CumulusMX.  I've not updated CU-Defs in a long while.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 07:14:18 AM by ConligWX »
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline hcorrin

• Contributor
    • Ballaugh Weather
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2023, 05:32:49 PM »
looking at the noaa report page suggests there's been no data since 10th march 2022  https://dw7240.com/Base-Canada/wxnoaaclimatereports.php?yr=2022&mo=03
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 05:35:00 PM by hcorrin »

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2023, 05:41:15 PM »
Since only barometer, inside temp, inside humidity are continuing to report, I suspect the ISS unit has stopped reporting.  Battery or super cap failure?

Offline hcorrin

• Contributor
    • Ballaugh Weather
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2023, 06:52:23 PM »
Wonder what the console’s showing

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2023, 12:56:20 PM »
Well confession time, it seems all the problems were down to Godaddy...........go figure, and just for the record my station is down, and has been for the last year owing to me moving location.  Hopefully the station will be back up in the future.

I guess I owe apologies to Ken for seemingly wasting his time and to others who thought they were helping - Sorry guys......I guess seeing the site acting strange and not having the answers struck me to comment for help on here.

Back to the issue with Godaddy.......first off they updated my site to PHP 8.1, I got no notification of this, since that time and being on here causing a nuisance  :oops: I have now seen the site this morning perfectly running.  I first thought that updating PHP shouldn't have any effect on the site if no data was being sent from the station, everything should just read 0 (zero) for each of the weather parameters.  I know that having the website live is still an importance to me if not anyone else, its takes a lot of time and effort to run these sites, not just from me but from all those on this forum who have contributed to the scripts using their own time and resources to give us all the enjoyment in this hobby / interest.

So there you have it, my rant, my apologies, and above all my dedication in the fact that despite no fully operating station I can still afford the time to keep things fairly normal. I have a brand new station (Davis Vantage plus, all ready to go in the future, hence the importance of keeping the site up to date where possible.

Thanks for all your continued support.....I should have made things clearer from the start - my bad.  I sincerely hope this hasn't put continued support on the back burner, I don't want to be a burden and really appreciate the help when asked.

Nick. dw7240.com
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 01:01:49 PM by DW7240 »

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2023, 01:18:06 PM »
No worries,Nick.  I hope your station is back with data soon after you install your new VP+.
It's these 'edge cases' that keep us on our toes :)

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2023, 12:55:23 AM »
I'm on GoDaddy and PHP 8.1.  Been at 8.1 for awhile now.  No issues with PHP.

I did  have a server issue that GD didn't want to own up to when I called in the morning.  By evening, they finally fessed up the server I was on was screwed up.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

anything