Author Topic: Wind reading  (Read 723 times)

Offline monkey38

Wind reading
« on: November 28, 2022, 04:57:17 PM »
Can anyone tell me why my AcuRite Access inside console stopped reading my wind speed it stopped working bout 10am this morning it very windy here today so it should be reading it. I unplugged the inside console and took the batteries out of the outside station too. It is reading the wind direction correctly
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:08:03 PM by monkey38 »

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Wind reading
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 06:23:53 PM »
Can’t explain the reason why yours is not working. But they make a replacement part that easy to install if you want to replace it.

https://www.acurite.com/shop-all/weather-instruments/weather-sensors-and-parts/replacement-parts/acurite-atlas-wind-assembly-replacement-part.html

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline SB Cat

Re: Wind reading
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 06:39:24 PM »
I just cleaned my 3 month old 5 in 1 to get ready for our first big storm.  I unscrewed the 4 screws on the bottom and cleaned off the rain tipper.  Everything looked good so I put it back together and set it up outside.  Everything worked EXCEPT for the wind speed indicator.  I read around and saw references to bad switches or misaligned magnets.  Since it is so new I figured it was something I did putting it back together.  I got the unit back down and started to take it apart and realized that I had not properly closed it up.  The two halves were not properly matched and when I started unscrewing it, the two halves slipped back into their correct position.  So I went ahead and tightened all 4 screws and now the wind speed gauge works.  Apparently everything has to be correctly aligned for the magnets to have the proper seating.  Easy fix!  Be sure to carefully reassemble the unit or the wind gauge may not work.

anything