Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

Problem with Acknowledgement <ACK>

(1/4) > >>

dalecoy:
Situation:  I have a CABLED VP2 (with added UV and Solar sensors) that has been working fine for MANY YEARS.  It has a serial interface with a converter to USB - which has been working fine for many years.  It is connected to a computer running WL 6.0.3 software, that has been working fine for many years.  It uploads to my website http://www.thecoys.net/weather/Current_Vantage_Pro_Plus.htm.  That was OK until suddenly, "Data current at 3:07am 04/11/22 in the Central Time Zone", it stopped uploading. [Station name is ValleyForge]

The HOME station continues to display CURRENT data on 2 connected consoles, so clearly it is getting data.

Looking at the log file, I see repeated:
GetAcknowledge (ValleyForge) response: 0x83 (Should be 0x060)
Unable to upload Data (profile#) because of errors

Sometimes is is:
GetAcknowledge (ValleyForge) response: 0x0E (Should be 0x060
GetAcknowledge (ValleyForge) response: 0x87 (Should be 0x060)

I'm mystified.  What do I need to do to fix this?

waiukuweather:
some sort of corruption in the data stream
have you tried a complete power down of the console, then remove the data logger for a few minutes...replace..power up console
set to get data. set time correct etc..then try again?

dalecoy:
I tried that, but perhaps I didn't leave the logger disconnected for a long enough time.  I'll try that again later today, and report back.

johnd:
This is definitely a long shot, but is there any chance that Windows did an auto-update and is no longer 100% compatible with the driver that the serial-to-USB adapter uses, especially if it's an old one? Can you still the virtual comport showing in Windows Device Manager for instance? IS there a newer driver available for the adapter?

dalecoy:

--- Quote from: johnd on April 19, 2022, 11:17:30 AM ---This is definitely a long shot, but is there any chance that Windows did an auto-update and is no longer 100% compatible with the driver that the serial-to-USB adapter uses, especially if it's an old one? Can you still the virtual comport showing in Windows Device Manager for instance? IS there a newer driver available for the adapter?

--- End quote ---

I'm rather sure that Windows did not auto-update this computer.  Why?  Because it's running Windows XP, which is no longer supported.  (And the other two applications running are undisturbed)

And if there IS a newer driver available for the adapter, I would be reluctant to update that.

But thanks - this is a really knotty problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version