Weather Station Hardware > Other Weather Station Hardware

Comet System new professional solar radiation shield

<< < (3/3)

hmderek:
It's been a while mauro. What is your feeling about the Comet?

mauro63:

--- Quote from: hmderek on March 27, 2023, 05:56:19 AM ---It's been a while mauro. What is your feeling about the Comet?

--- End quote ---

Hello and thanks for the question, and sorry for not updating anymore.

The Comet continues to be tested in my station, over time it has been joined by the new passive Meteoshield pro third generation and the recent active ventilation version, the Pro FARS.

If I have to give an opinion, the Comet is absolutely a leading product, perhaps, under certain conditions, the Pro manages to do slightly better, but let's talk about laughable differences that must be evaluated taking into consideration the enormous difference in terms of internal and external dimensions.

Personally I place the Comet, at the moment, among the references in the field of passive shieldings, obviously it is intended for high-level installations where, in addition to pure performance, one is looking for a product capable of accommodating multiple sensors, situation which I always try to promote, in order to obtain of data redundancy, which is important in the high-level amateur sector

As always, please, forgive my horrible English  ;)

M.

mauro63:

--- Quote from: hmderek on March 27, 2023, 05:56:19 AM ---It's been a while mauro. What is your feeling about the Comet?

--- End quote ---

these days we don't have ideal conditions for comparisons, solar radiation is not yet powerful enough, temperatures are low for the period, ventilation is cool and northerly

usually the situation is this

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Note:
Comet T - comet f8004 and WH31-EP Ecowitt with sensirion sht-35 probe
Comet met - same screen with WH31-EP with Rotronic metal sintered filter
Comet unf - same screen with WH31-EP without any protection filter
Metspec T - Metspec traditional Stevenson shelter in midi version
Pro T - Meteoshield pro third generation, and WH31-EP standard version
Profars T - active daytime ventilation version of Meteoshield Pro and WH31-EP standard version

I will try, within my limits, to send current comparison graphs in slightly more difficult conditions

M.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version