Author Topic: Hopefully fairly simple WH-41 question  (Read 178 times)

Offline THE_Chris

Hopefully fairly simple WH-41 question
« on: February 06, 2022, 04:50:03 PM »
Hi all, been a while since I posted here but I'm the proud owner of a Froggit HP1000SE system as well as a multitude of their add-on sensors.

I have a WH-41 indoor/outdoor particle sensor, which was working fine up until about December when it conked out completely. Replacing batteries etc did not help - it was dead. I emailed Froggit who insisted it was an indoor unit only, despite it being on their website that it was indoor and outdoor. Not the best customer service, and they doubled-down on this when I pointed this out. I also emailed Ecowitt directly before I remembered it had come from Froggit, and they were more than happy to send me out a new unit free of charge. Excellent customer service in contrast.

Anyway.

The old WH-41 is kaput, no red LED inside the battery compartment, nothing. The new WH-41 is working perfectly and is happily sending data to Ecowitt servers. However, the new WH-41 will not appear on my Froggit displays- the old one did. Its almost as if it is registered to the old one and only displaying what it is receiving form the old one - nothing.

Its like I need to tell it to search again for the new WH-41. Resetting the tablet etc does nothing, I can't find any channel search on the froggit display for a WH-41, nor can I find a CH2 switch on the new (or old) WH-41. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks a million. Oh yes - the frequency is the same as before.

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
  • GWxx00, HPx5x1C, WN1900C, WN1980C & WS3800C
    • FOSHKplugin
Re: Hopefully fairly simple WH-41 question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 05:42:06 PM »
Hi!

I can't find any channel search on the froggit display for a WH-41
Gear/More/Sensors-ID should do the trick. Navigate to PM2.5 #1 there and register again.

Oliver

anything