Author Topic: IP address keeps changing for Reolink Cam web page link in my meteobridge  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Hello, I have setup a DHCP reservation for my Reolink cam in  my netgear nighthawk router but everyday the IP changes and I am confused as to why. It’s already set as a reservation but the webpage on the meteobridge for the cam stops updating after a few hours because the IP address keeps getting changing and I have to go in and update it in the “external picture url” portion in the meteobridge.

Any ideas as to why it keeps happening?

Adrian

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Sounds like opposite issue but seems Netgear at least HAD some FW issues?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Static-IP-issue-nighthawk-models/td-p/1758413

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Sounds like opposite issue but seems Netgear at least HAD some FW issues?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Static-IP-issue-nighthawk-models/td-p/1758413

Yea I have it under reservation in my router and was wondering if I did something wrong. I have yet to check in the camera settings to see it is set to dhcp or static. In the camera itself it should be set to dhcp right and reserved in router?

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
I don't think touch anything like that in my E1 zoom, I just set the ip in the routers dhcp, never had any issues
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
I don't think touch anything like that in my E1 zoom, I just set the ip in the routers dhcp, never had any issues

I have the Reolink510wa. I wanted to ask you how can I resize this image I think it’s to small can you help me update it. Right now it’s set to 640+480

https://admin.meteobridge.com/cam/89351db219ee0448e4761eb853b4ec3d/camplus.jpg

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather

I have the Reolink510wa. I wanted to ask you how can I resize this image I think it’s to small can you help me update it. Right now it’s set to 640+480

It looks like the URL you're using is the sub stream.
There are 2 streams or 2 channels, there is either 1 and 2 or 0 and 1 depending on which software you use.
Have a look at the URL here, it will show you the correct URL to use for the mean stream, in Reolinks terms, that's stream 1 or 0
Further down that page it tells you about the sub stream, you change the channel # to either 1 or 2 or 0 or 1, you will soon figure it out quickly enough by the image...

As for meteobridge use, i ain't got a clue sorry....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 11:07:16 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather

There are 2 streams or 2 channels, there is either 1 and 2 or 0 and 1 depending on which software you use.
Have a look at the URL here, it will show you the correct URL to use for the mean stream, in Reolinks terms, that's stream 1 or 0
Further down that page it tells you about the sub stream, you change the channel # to either 1 or 2 or 0 or 1, you will soon figure it out quickly enough by the image...

Hi, sorry for the dumb question but iam so confused. I did use that url configuration by adding my IP address and webcam login info. Were do i find channels portion?

Here is the URL you should be using, i have highlighted the channel part, as to how its done in meteobridge, that's beyond me as i have never used one, sorry...
Dont include these (  )
http://(ip address)/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=Snap&channel=0&rs=(any combination of numbers and letters)&user=(user name)&password=(user password)
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster

Hi, sorry for the dumb question but iam so confused. I did use that url configuration by adding my IP address and webcam login info. Were do i find channels portion?

Here is the URL you should be using, i have highlighted the channel part, as to how its done in meteobridge, that's beyond me as i have never used one, sorry...
Dont include these (  )
http://(ip address)/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=Snap&channel=0&rs=(any combination of numbers and letters)&user=(user name)&password=(user password)

Oh i see so copy this exact code and add my information? So you think this is the reason the IP keeps changing? Leave in channel 0?

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
Yeah, not sure about the ip, are you using ddns or out like that?
I don't have anything set for the ip in my settings, all I did was add it to the saved list in my router so that it would stay the same all the time.

Yeah, channel 0 is what ever you've set the "clear" quality to and channel 1 is the fluent channel at [size=78%]640[/size]

It sounds like it's your isp ip that is perhaps changing, if that's the case then you need to use ddns or noip.com, I prefer noip, not sure what you setup is but I think you can set the ddns host name or ip in the camera settings but then you have to open ports, I've never been good at that stuff..
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Yeah, not sure about the ip, are you using ddns or out like that?
I don't have anything set for the ip in my settings, all I did was add it to the saved list in my router so that it would stay the same all the time.

Yeah, channel 0 is what ever you've set the "clear" quality to and channel 1 is the fluent channel at [size=78%]640[/size]

It sounds like it's your isp ip that is perhaps changing, if that's the case then you need to use ddns or noip.com, I prefer noip, not sure what you setup is but I think you can set the ddns host name or ip in the camera settings but then you have to open ports, I've never been good at that stuff..

Yea i am using the cam via my wifi. The first thing i made sure i did was copy the IP address from the camera itself and i went into the DHCP reservation list and added it there. Thats all. I then noticed that image link i sent you stopped updating because the IP address was changing. Not sure how its possible if its reserved in my router to not change.

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
Re: IP address keeps changing for Reolink Cam web page link in my meteobridge
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 11:46:09 AM »
That's strange, it shouldn't do that if you've done it right
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 11:46:40 AM »
What is the latest ip address for the camera?
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 12:13:27 PM »
What is the latest ip address for the camera?

Latest IP i have is 10.0.0.57 it was changing just the last 2 digits like to 55 or 56.

What is a standard viewable size for all devices for a webcam image something not to small? My image is coming out at 640x480 which i think is small and its because of the code.

Can you edit this for me with a larger size?

-resize 852x480 -fill black -draw "fill-opacity 0.7 rectangle 0 440 852 480" -pointsize 12 -fill orange -draw "text 5 455 '[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD] [hh]:[mm]'" -fill white -draw "text 110 455 ' Temp: [th0temp-act=F.1:--] °F    Humidity: [th0hum-act.0:--] %  Pressure: [thb0seapress-act=mb.2:--]   Wind: [wind0avgwind-act=mph.1:--] mph    Gust: [wind0wind-max5=mph.1:--] mph'" -fill white -draw "text 110 475 'Rain today: [rain0total-sumday=in.2:--] in

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 12:36:09 PM »
Change resize 852x480 part perhaps, try -resize 2048x1536 that is just a guess  mind

Also, that IP makes no sense to me, it should be either internal IP 192.168.xxx.xxx or external IP 85.15.47.15

Someone else may need to weigh in here, i don't know wat that IP means and if your image is only saved as 640x480
then you're only enlarging that size and it will become blurry etc, you need to be saving the main channel, I'm getting out of my depth here...
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 12:45:33 PM »
Change resize 852x480 part perhaps, try -resize 2048x1536 that is just a guess  mind

Also, that IP makes no sense to me, it should be either internal IP 192.168.xxx.xxx or external IP 85.15.47.15

Someone else may need to weigh in here, i don't know wat that IP means and if your image is only saved as 640x480
then you're only enlarging that size and it will become blurry etc, you need to be saving the main channel, I'm getting out of my depth here...

That is the IP I see on the cams interface which is what i have been using. There are to clickable tabs the one with the lens and the one with text over which i was told to share that one.

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 12:53:30 PM »
That rezise is just for the overlay, it's meteobridge stuff and beyond me, I only do Windows and android
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 04:26:36 PM »
What do you actually have here:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2022, 09:35:32 PM »

IF YOUR "IP" is changing, that's with your provider / and or / Modem!
IF that's what's happening, your hope is to get them to provide a static IP for your modem....
OR use a DNS service, and hope it can keep up. 

Reserve address, and port forward...Set it up on 'wired' first, directly. you can't connect out of LAN (192.x.x.x) unless a port forward will connect WAN address to the device, and you may NOT be able to connect if requesting device is only looking for 'https' and your 'send' device is only 'http'...In the attached image ('ports reserv etc'), the cams are controlled by a 'server', and the reservations etc point to the computer hosting that server. It should work the same connecting to any integrated Cam server, in my experience, but I prefer to customize the feeds a bit. https://frankfortweather.us/camsUP/cam1.html etc   

The cams are also assigned a reserved IP, ('cams resv') same procedure ... . or the 'server' can't connect... in this case 192.168.1.201-206 or so.  I don't want to expose my cam direct link beyond the LAN, therefore the server is employed, using automatic security login.Additionally, I use a DNS service to keep my IP address 'static'... so my external web pages, etc, cam server link through DNS never changes. You should do something similar if you're directly accessing the cam itself, which I wouldn't do. Port forward to appropriate cam, otherwise external requests may direct to wrong device, if multple devices use same port numbers.. e.g. port 80.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 11:03:27 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline CamillaHuynh

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2024, 12:05:19 PM »
It seems like you've been dealing with this issue for quite some time now. The frustration of your Reolink cam's IP address constantly changing despite setting up a DHCP reservation can be really annoying. Have you had any luck finding a solution since you posted this two years ago?
If you're still struggling with the problem, it might be worth revisiting your router settings to ensure everything is configured correctly.
Also, if you're looking for stress testing solutions for your network, DarkVR Stresser could be a helpful tool to explore. It might help identify any weaknesses or vulnerabilities in your network configuration.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 07:21:54 AM by CamillaHuynh »

Offline jasonmfarrow

• JMFweather
    • JMFweather
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2024, 12:29:24 PM »
Please ignore me if you've tried this but the Reolink should support setting the IP address as a fixed address in the camera settings itself:
https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/900000628166-How-to-Set-up-DHCP-Static-IP-Address-via-Reolink-Client/?slug=network&search=fixed%20IP

If your router won't allow you to reserve IP addresses (by MAC address or otherwise) then you can just use any address in your subnet provided it does not clash with another device on the network.

My setup uses a 10.x.x.1/24 subnet from the router which I've configured to serve a 10.x.x.10-199 DHCP pool. I use 10.x.x.200-254 for static IP addresses. 192.168.x.1/24 would do the same which tends to be more common for private subnets.

Let us know if you manage to get this working.
JMFweather.uk

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2024, 01:48:34 PM »
Please ignore me if you've tried this but the Reolink should support setting the IP address as a fixed address in the camera settings itself:
https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/900000628166-How-to-Set-up-DHCP-Static-IP-Address-via-Reolink-Client/?slug=network&search=fixed%20IP

If your router won't allow you to reserve IP addresses (by MAC address or otherwise) then you can just use any address in your subnet provided it does not clash with another device on the network.

My setup uses a 10.x.x.1/24 subnet from the router which I've configured to serve a 10.x.x.10-199 DHCP pool. I use 10.x.x.200-254 for static IP addresses. 192.168.x.1/24 would do the same which tends to be more common for private subnets.

Let us know if you manage to get this working.

Hi Jason, sent you a PM!