Author Topic: weather link live 6100 just connected to vp 2  (Read 349 times)

Offline catsandogs

weather link live 6100 just connected to vp 2
« on: January 21, 2023, 03:27:04 PM »
Have had my vantage pro 2 many years with computer connect. I just purchased a weather link live 6100 to system. It reads direct from the ISS everything, Solar, UV, wind, temp. etc. I find that weather link live does not show the correct indoor temperature and humidity readings from the vantage pro 2 counsel. Am I wrong to assume the weather link like will automatically acquire the the information from both units?

Thanks Terry

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: weather link live 6100 just connected to vp 2
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 03:41:55 PM »
Am I wrong to assume the weather link like will automatically acquire the the information from both units?

Yes. The WLL unit has no connection with the console It receives data direct from the ISS and has its own internal T/H sensors
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 03:47:58 PM »
.... I find that weather link live does not show the correct indoor temperature and humidity readings from the vantage pro 2 counsel. Am I wrong to assume the weather link like will automatically acquire the the information from both units? ....

Yes your assumption is not correct.

You could have WLL uploading as a separate device (Station) under the same account.     

Offline catsandogs

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 04:51:37 PM »
Soooooooo| I would need to add the vantage pro 2 as a separate device to the WLL account, maybe.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 05:02:07 PM »
Soooooooo| I would need to add the vantage pro 2 as a separate device to the WLL account, maybe.

Well, yes, if you're really that anxious to get an inside T/H value from the console. You would obviously need some sort of upload device for the console, but maybe you have that already (can't really tell for sure from your posts so far)? Personally I wonder if it's really worth the effort given that the console inside T/H is not going to be super-accurate, with the sensor buried inside the console. But it's obviously your call.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything