Author Topic: WeatherLink v6.0.5 - no new data to download  (Read 488 times)

Offline Harleston

WeatherLink v6.0.5 - no new data to download
« on: January 04, 2022, 04:57:22 AM »
Hi All,

I recently installed a Davis Vantage Pro plus weather station here in Norfolk, UK.  Using the WeatherLink Live internet hub to collect ISS data and upload WeatherLink cloud.  I have a Pro subscription, so all data is stored.  So far so good.  Data is being correctly recorded and stored and displayed on WeatherLink.

I have also installed the WeatherLink v6.0.5 software locally to my PC.  I have configured with a TCP/IP web load communication to download the data from WeatherLink Cloud.  The setup seems correct, however, when I ask it to download data from the Cloud, I get a message that says: “No new data to download”.

However, I have 6 days of data with 15min steps recorded in the cloud. The software has no data in its database.  Does anybody have any ideas why it is not recognising and new data?  Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: WeatherLink v6.0.5 - no new data to download
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 05:40:01 AM »
If I've understood your configuration/question correctly...

I'm afraid you cannot download data into local Weatherlink with this configuration. The Web Download protocol was intended for data uploaded by the legacy loggers like WeatherlinkIP. Weatherlink Live uploads in a different format that is not compatible with local Weatherlink.

If you want local software as well as weatherlink.com then you might want to look at CumulusMX software, which is compatible with the new wl.com format.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Harleston

Re: WeatherLink v6.0.5 - no new data to download
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 05:44:10 AM »
Many thanks for a very quick reply.  That certainly would explain the effect I am seeing and your input has saved me a lot of time trying to find the problem.

I'll certainly take a look at CumulusMX, in fact I prefer open source software in general.

Regards
George