Author Topic: Here comes THIS garbage again...  (Read 3464 times)

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
Re: Here comes THIS garbage again...
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2022, 01:31:08 PM »
The 'news' is generally the 'news'.  A plane crashed, snow fell, an earthquake was recorded, there was a fire.  The problem comes in with the talking heads that come on after the 'news' segments.  They are the ones being quoted above as fact, when in fact, they are the farthest from the facts.  Even their own lawyers are on record in court documents stating that no one should believe them.

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2022, 02:08:14 PM »
What conspiracy pray tell has gained acceptance?

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2022, 05:16:59 PM »
even admitting to watching such 'news' channels definitely diminishes you.
Is that so? That comment right there speaks volumes in itself not about me, but YOU. I'll take my diminished (you forgot deplorable loser as well) life all day long.

Offline Splitrail

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2022, 05:34:22 PM »
even admitting to watching such 'news' channels definitely diminishes you.
Is that so? That comment right there speaks volumes in itself not about me, but YOU. I'll take my diminished (you forgot deplorable loser as well) life all day long.

Where did the "like" button go?

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2022, 05:36:04 PM »
"Like" has never been enabled on Chit-Chat, Posting Games, nor Testing Zone boards.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2022, 05:58:10 PM »
I am confident that the Wuhan lab leak theory has gained some traction....

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2022, 06:45:50 PM »
If you chose not to mask and not to vaccinate, do one more thing not to do.

DO NOT GO TO A HOSPITAL IF YOU GET COVID.  YOU ARE WASTING VALUABLE RESOURCES FOR THOSE OF US WHO NEED THEM.

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2022, 07:28:53 PM »
I am confident that the Wuhan lab leak theory has gained some traction....

Always seemed a plausible theory to me. Some sort of bumbler.

Offline Splitrail

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2022, 07:29:26 PM »

DO NOT GO TO A HOSPITAL IF YOU GET COVID.  YOU ARE WASTING VALUABLE RESOURCES FOR THOSE OF US WHO NEED THEM.
This really HAS turned into the topic for garbage!
Thanks for the verification.
 :roll: :roll: :roll:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 07:31:13 PM by Splitrail »

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2022, 08:11:01 PM »

I assume your post was meant to be satirical, but not everyone has the same sense of humour so humour needs to be pre-advertised as such.

If it wasn't humour. I don't have any doubt that masks help against air-borne diseases, or that the COVID vaccines work (although like most things, not perfectly); and I think that people who believe the fanciful COVID conspiracy tales to the contrary are probably just total morons, BUT if we were to ban anyone from medical attention because they made a bad/different choices, then most people in car accidents would be denied treatment, anyone who carried a couple of extra kilos would be turned away. In fact, it is unlikely anyone would be eligible for treatment if not making any bad life-style choices was a condition of treatment.

I have no problem seeing people thrown in the slammer for breaking health laws, or avoided because others think they represent a danger to them or their families by their inaction, but is quite another thing to deny treatment to a sick person, especially when they might die. History has shown us what happens when people become convinced that some other group of people are of lesser worth - and it is always ends up ugly.
“The more a man knows, the more willing he is to learn. The less a man knows, the more positive he is that he knows everything...” ― Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2022, 08:36:33 PM »

Why hasn't FOOCHIE and GATES and their companies come out with a pill by now to cure the virus? Why have they banned Ivermectin? If you don't go to a Hospital, where in hell do you go when they won't allow antivirals?

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2022, 08:43:47 PM »

Why have they banned Ivermectin?
C'mon Doc...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2022, 08:45:03 PM »

Why have they banned Ivermectin?
C'mon Doc...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I know, but obviously many don't... It's maddening.

Offline Splitrail

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2022, 10:11:57 PM »
Sheep will be sheep.
Lemmings will be lemmings.
I just wish they would do their sheep & lemming things, and leave the rest of us the heck alone!  :evil:

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2022, 10:55:40 PM »

I assume your post was meant to be satirical, but not everyone has the same sense of humour so humour needs to be pre-advertised as such.

If it wasn't humour. I don't have any doubt that masks help against air-borne diseases, or that the COVID vaccines work (although like most things, not perfectly); and I think that people who believe the fanciful COVID conspiracy tales to the contrary are probably just total morons, BUT if we were to ban anyone from medical attention because they made a bad/different choices, then most people in car accidents would be denied treatment, anyone who carried a couple of extra kilos would be turned away. In fact, it is unlikely anyone would be eligible for treatment if not making any bad life-style choices was a condition of treatment.

I have no problem seeing people thrown in the slammer for breaking health laws, or avoided because others think they represent a danger to them or their families by their inaction, but is quite another thing to deny treatment to a sick person, especially when they might die. History has shown us what happens when people become convinced that some other group of people are of lesser worth - and it is always ends up ugly.

No.  I am tired of everyone debating all the possiblities of a favorable outcome when there is none.  You might as well debate whether or not the size of a rain drop , in a thunderstorm are all of the same size and mass.   

You have several choices.
1. Get the vaccine, and still be cautious, avoid crowds and the simple pleasure of dining on a meal out , cooked by someone else and even more so, you do not have to do the dishes afterward.
2. Get the vaccine and stay at home, trying to enjoy something cooked in the microwave and ordering your groceries online to be picked up or delivered,  trusting that the kid doing the shopping knows enough not to put in bad produce in your sack.
3. Just wear the mask and hope for the best.
4. Neither get the vaccine or the mask, but do go to the local school board and give the finger (done on tape at the Ankeny, Iowa school board meeting in November) to everyone because the majority think your kid should wear a mask.
5. Neither get the vaccine or the mask, go everywhere and anywhere ,  stating " I will not be  bullied into getting the vaccine or wear a hoax mask) as my dear friend and her husband said in December 2021.  As a side note,  She has covid, he is in the hospital since Dec 23, on a ventilator , failing kidneys and on dialysis, had his heart restarted twice.
6.  Get the virus and gut it out at home, hoping for the best
7. Get the virus and gut it out at home and not do so well.
8. Get the virus and go to the hospital.  Go to the ICU and the patient that needs his mitral valve replaced because it is shredded for some reason, has to go home because , Like Christ, there is no more room at the inn.

Now There are 8 choices, none of which are good. Some have the same outcome and some none of which are good.   Now for me,  I got the vaccine and the booster. I have 5 test kits sitting over by the security camera DVR.   i have 50 N95 masks NIOS approved over on the desk (made in the USA and on the list that the CDC approves).  And I still am staying at home as much as I can.  Going to the doctor is an outing .  I did go through the drive through at  Jimmy John's (#2 with pickles).  I hope that I stay well.   Now if  I don't I know that I have done everything possible to stay well.

Should I get the blasted virus with whatever variant, I can go to the hospital. Yeah,  I have pre-existing conditions, anemia, asthma, diabetes type 2, high blood pressure and a Davis weather station from 2006.   I really do not want an endotracheael tube down my larynx.  I have inserted my share of those in folks who really needed them and I tell you what,  Don't give mouth to mouth for someone who just ate a bowl of chili, have your partner do it.

So am I being sarcastic, yeah while the rest of you folks are being the opposite of it.   

Get vaccinated.  Avoid crowds,  stay at home and encourage others to do the same thing. Maybe if we can reduce the number of positive cases, we can get back to whatever the new normal is, but we can be there.   You don't want that, then Ihope  Insurance companies come to their senses and charge more for premiums for the unvaccinated like they do for those who choose to smoke.   Yeah they can find out. You get the vaccine, it is reported to the state health dept who turns it over to the federal government who does that stuff.

The shot is free, one of the only free things the government offers, other than the migraine you folks are giving me about now.

Now if I have offended you with my post, I do apologize,  I didn't think you could read.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 10:57:59 PM by Aardvark »

Offline Splitrail

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2022, 11:13:52 PM »

No.  I am tired of everyone debating all the possiblities of a favorable outcome when there is none.  You might as well debate whether or not the size of a rain drop , in a thunderstorm are all of the same size and mass.   

1. Get the vaccine, and still be cautious, avoid crowds and the simple pleasure of dining on a meal out , cooked by someone else and even more so, you do not have to do the dishes afterward.
2. Get the vaccine and stay at home, trying to enjoy something cooked in the microwave and ordering your groceries online to be picked up or delivered,  trusting that the kid doing the shopping knows enough not to put in bad produce in your sack.
4. Neither get the vaccine or the mask, but do go to the local school board and give the finger (done on tape at the Ankeny, Iowa school board meeting in November) to everyone because the majority think your kid should wear a mask.
5. Neither get the vaccine or the mask, go everywhere and anywhere ,  stating " I will not be  bullied into getting the vaccine or wear a hoax mask) as my dear friend and her husband said in December 2021.  As a side note,  She has covid, he is in the hospital since Dec 23, on a ventilator , failing kidneys and on dialysis, had his heart restarted twice.
8. Get the virus and go to the hospital.  Go to the ICU and the patient that needs his mitral valve replaced because it is shredded for some reason, has to go home because , Like Christ, there is no more room at the inn.

Now There are 8 choices, none of which are good. Some have the same outcome and some none of which are good.   Now for me,  I got the vaccine and the booster. I have 5 test kits sitting over by the security camera DVR.   i have 50 N95 masks NIOS approved over on the desk (made in the USA and on the list that the CDC approves).  And I still am staying at home as much as I can.  Going to the doctor is an outing .  I did go through the drive through at  Jimmy John's (#2 with pickles).  I hope that I stay well.   Now if  I don't I know that I have done everything possible to stay well.

Should I get the blasted virus with whatever variant, I can go to the hospital. Yeah,  I have pre-existing conditions, anemia, asthma, diabetes type 2, high blood pressure and a Davis weather station from 2006.   I really do not want an endotracheael tube down my larynx.  I have inserted my share of those in folks who really needed them and I tell you what,  Don't give mouth to mouth for someone who just ate a bowl of chili, have your partner do it.

So am I being sarcastic, yeah while the rest of you folks are being the opposite of it.   

Get vaccinated.  Avoid crowds,  stay at home and encourage others to do the same thing. Maybe if we can reduce the number of positive cases, we can get back to whatever the new normal is, but we can be there.   You don't want that, then Ihope  Insurance companies come to their senses and charge more for premiums for the unvaccinated like they do for those who choose to smoke.   Yeah they can find out. You get the vaccine, it is reported to the state health dept who turns it over to the federal government who does that stuff.

The shot is free, one of the only free things the government offers, other than the migraine you folks are giving me about now.

Now if I have offended you with my post, I do apologize,  I didn't think you could read.
Maybe if you could stop doing this............ ](*,), your head would feel better.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2022, 11:15:12 PM »

Maybe if you could stop doing this............ ](*,) your head would feel better.

I would and probably should.   I find myself getting a tad bit irritated on a lot of things.

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2022, 11:49:22 PM »
A fake apology is action of someone who has little value for the truth. When people have little regard for the truth, their posts have little value.

“The more a man knows, the more willing he is to learn. The less a man knows, the more positive he is that he knows everything...” ― Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2022, 12:59:51 AM »
You know so little and yet you think to be a maven. You are not virologist, you lack the basic understanding of viruses and I do.   I have the education, practice. I know more than you. 
   I do not apologize for anything.  You wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit you int he crotch.   Yet   Here you are spewing out your misinformation to those souls grasping at straws as being gospel.
Ok, you have admitted your apology was a lie.

Now, if you can provide an instance of where I have"spewed misinformation" I will happily retract and apologise. Until then, I'm calling you out on another lie.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2022, 01:00:54 AM »
You know so little and yet you think to be a maven. You are not virologist, you lack the basic understanding of viruses and I do.   I have the education, practice. I know more than you. 
   I do not apologize for anything.  You wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit you int he crotch.   Yet   Here you are spewing out your misinformation to those souls grasping at straws as being gospel.

Now, if you can provide an instance of where I have"spewed misinformation" I will happily retract and apologise. Until then, I'm calling you out on another lie.
You are not a nice person.  I do not likeyou .

Offline Splitrail

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2022, 01:04:18 AM »

You are not a nice person.  I do not likeyou .

](*,) ](*,)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2022, 01:15:30 AM »
I see no value in continuing an argument with you or any of the dweebs here.

I quit, gone, no more. go f**k yourselves.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2022, 01:29:27 AM »
I see no value in continuing an argument with you or any of the dweebs here.
Concur.

anything