Author Topic: WeatherLink - no chart data available  (Read 1266 times)

Offline SBWX

WeatherLink - no chart data available
« on: November 25, 2021, 03:25:01 PM »
Using the app on both iPad and iPhone.
I get the same error for all, no hi/low temp, no hourly average temp, no rainfall hourly/monthly, no wind speed hourly avg/high gust
All the basic weather is there just no charts.

I did check other stations in the app and found some have all the data/charts and some missing charts as well

Any ideas?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Thanks

Offline SBWX

Re: WeatherLink - no chart data available
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 07:52:21 PM »
Resolved

Thanks to Davis support. Had me unplug power from Envoy and remove batteries wait a few minutes and reinstall. He noticed the device was not sending summary data. As takes an hour for it to sync and show the data I just checked after 3 hours and everything is fixed.

Thanks Davis

/weather on

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 11:06:33 PM »
I have found Davis support very good as did you. A reason to stay with Davis as its Vantage Pro 2 is very good. Unfortunately, its product line is looking dated—the console isn’t in color and is otherwise “ugly,” the temperature-humidity sensor (SHT31) needs replacing as it is unreliable, and the rain gauge needs to be replaced—both the spoon and teeter-totter tool is unreliable, but if you live in the 1970s, you should be happy with your VP2.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 12:04:16 AM »
I have found Davis support very good as did you. A reason to stay with Davis as its Vantage Pro 2 is very good. Unfortunately, its product line is looking dated—the console isn’t in color and is otherwise “ugly,” the temperature-humidity sensor (SHT31) needs replacing as it is unreliable, and the rain gauge needs to be replaced—both the spoon and teeter-totter tool is unreliable, but if you live in the 1970s, you should be happy with your VP2.
Jeez, just because the Hawks suck...

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 01:42:16 AM »

It took you 3 of them to realise that its not for you?
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 03:25:31 PM »

Yes, I have 3 VP2s, and am disappointed in the evolution of the product line over the years, but for the price you can’t beat it, therefore I keep them going. Many of us have hoped for a VP3 to arrive but such thinking appears wishful, at best. There must not be a sufficient market for a VP3 or we would have seen it. I thought the rain spoon measurement tool would be an improvement over the teeter version but I have found it a step backwards. I recognize a good fix for this issue would be to replace the Davis rain tool with a Rainwise 111, but in my situation, it isn’t a good fit. Products added by third parties, like WiFiLogger are great to replace the unreliable  Davis USB data logger. A color console—I rarely look at it, so not a big deal.

What makes the VP2 desirable is replacing parts. My oldest VP2 I bought in March 2005. I have replaced several parts over the years because the ISS, in particular, gets beat up pretty badly by my Chicago weather, and replacement parts are readily available and fairly priced. My original console looks identical to the console I bought 3 years ago—that is a plus and a minus, depending on how you look at it. The consoles are like the Energizer bunny—it keeps going and going!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 07:12:53 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 07:56:48 AM »

Yes, I have 3 VP2s, and am disappointed in the evolution of the product line over the years, but for the price you can’t beat it, therefore I keep them going. Many of us have hoped for a VP3 to arrive but such thinking appears wishful, at best. There must not be a sufficient market for a VP3 or we would have seen it. I thought the rain spoon measurement tool would be an improvement over the teeter version but I have found it a step backwards. I recognize a good fix for this issue would be to replace the Davis rain tool with a Rainwise 111, but in my situation, it isn’t a good fit. Products added by third parties, like WiFiLogger are great to replace the unreliable  Davis USB data logger. A color console—I rarely look at it, so not a big deal.

What makes the VP2 desirable is replacing parts. My oldest VP2 I bought in March 2005. I have replaced several parts over the years because the ISS, in particular, gets beat up pretty badly by my Chicago weather, and replacement parts are readily available and fairly priced. My original console looks identical to the console I bought 3 years ago—that is a plus and a minus, depending on how you look at it. The consoles are like the Energizer bunny—it keeps going and going!

I dont think i had a single issue with the USB data logger, ive now switched to the WLL but only because the envoy's board became corroded and died and that was because of its location and not an issue with the board itself, it was a shame but stuff happens...

However, im not overly impressed with this whole WLL and the website lark, for a start, theres data missing on WL, plus the wind gust stalls at times which is a pain for me, as for the VP2 + i have no issues whatsoever, i came from the OS WMR968, that was a decent station but as nothing on the Davis. It's a shame that parts for the OS became hard to find
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 10:17:57 AM »
I dont think i had a single issue with the USB data logger
I've had the USB logger since July 2008 and use it with the Envoy.  Not a single issue...  and using it with WLPC and Cumulus for over 13 years now.

However, im not overly impressed with this whole WLL and the website lark, for a start, theres data missing on WL, plus the wind gust stalls at times which is a pain for me
I like the WLL as it seems a very reliable logger too (I've only used it for 1 year), and can use multiple weather programs with it.  The WL.com site seems to show everything but then I don't watch it very much.  But now comparing the WLL WL.com site to my WLIP WL.com site WLL shows one extra item.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 12:01:22 PM »
I dont think i had a single issue with the USB data logger
I've had the USB logger since July 2008 and use it with the Envoy.  Not a single issue...  and using it with WLPC and Cumulus for over 13 years now.

However, im not overly impressed with this whole WLL and the website lark, for a start, theres data missing on WL, plus the wind gust stalls at times which is a pain for me
I like the WLL as it seems a very reliable logger too (I've only used it for 1 year), and can use multiple weather programs with it.  The WL.com site seems to show everything but then I don't watch it very much.  But now comparing the WLL WL.com site to my WLIP WL.com site WLL shows one extra item.

Enjoy,
Paul

HI, i should have been more specific, its the Mobilize side of things, the rain for me, on the Irrigation section shows a fraction of whats actually fallen, i think its showing in inches to be honest whern it should be in mm, see crude image.
The wind in the app seems to stop updating live when it feels like it. and when needed to add the years rain at the startup, it was just crazy, i had to add something like 450mm for it to show 700mm, i guessed at the figures there but I'm not far off.

As a new user of WLL and WL, I am far from impressed, to be honest. I needed specific answers from support too prior to my free trial running out, guess what, they got back to me the day after it took my money. The graphs take up a lot of laptop resources and they don't scroll smoothly enough, I have an I7, 16gb, SSD and 2 graphics cards and it makes this cough lol. Had they got back to me in time, i would have cancelled the pro m'larky, i don't really need it but i do really like the Mobilize side of things, what with frost warning, irrigation etc

The issues raised haven't been fixed either, that's since the back half of October. ok, rant over, apologies, carry on lol
Kind regards
Bashy