Author Topic: Relocating Station  (Read 448 times)

Offline JECO

Relocating Station
« on: June 25, 2021, 04:15:02 PM »
I cannot relocate my station on the map. The instruction is to move the marker. The map is very dark and labeled for development purpose only. How do I make the map lighter so that it can be read?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Relocating Station
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 05:15:32 PM »
Those instructions for moving the station are incorrect and outdated.

To move your station, you simply send an email to cwop-support <at> noaa.gov and give them your new Latitude and Longitude in Decimal degrees and your elevation in meters. The elevation should be the elevation of your barometric sensor...not your anemometer. Be sure to remember to reference your CWOP station ID in your email.

But before you send that email you should be sure that your CWOP software is already uploading with the correct Latitude and Longitude for your new location.

And lastly you should also send an email to MesoWest (atmos-mesowest <at> lists.utah.edu) so that they also update their records for your CWOP ID.

If you need any more help regarding any of these things then just provide more information like the software you are using and what your locaiton is and what your CWOP ID is...etc. If you need help determining your elevation you should use the following website:
https://www.freemaptools.com/elevation-finder.htm

« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 05:20:24 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline JECO

Re: Relocating Station
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 06:32:14 PM »
Thanks very much.