Author Topic: Ambient Weather WH31LA Leak Detector for Models WS-2000, WS-5000 Weather Station  (Read 240 times)

Offline WeatherEnthusiastNZ

Today I found out that the Ambient Weather WH31LA Leak Detector has been released by Ambient Weather. I found this out via an email I got 13 June 2020 called "Ambient Weather June 2020 Newsletter".

It will only be available to WS-2000 and WS-5000. Although in my opinion, not really weather related (there were a few discussions about this), I think it's a cool addition for those who will use it. I will consider getting 1 to try out. You can add up to 4 leak detectors. I think it's neat how the weather stations are getting more and more features that can be added to them. All sorts of things, which increases the range of things they can help with. Probably it won't be a super popular Ambient product, but never the less a product.

The product description reads:
https://www.ambientweather.com/amwh31la.html

"Note: You must update your weather station console firmware to the following versions:

- Console Firmware Version 1.6.3 or greater [Latest update as at 13 June 2020]

- Wi-Fi Firmware Version 4.2.4 or greater [12 June 2020 Update, so latest update as at 13 June 2020]

To upgrade the firmware, visit the Help Guide...
Add up to four leak detectors to your Ambient Weather WS-2000 and WS-5000 weather stations.

The leak detector can be placed on the floor and detect moisture. There are two sensitivity settings. The WS-2000 and WS-5000 supports up to 4 leak detectors.

When a leak is detected, a loud 90 db alarm sounds, and the leak detection is sent to the console and the cloud for instant email, text or IFTTT alerting.

Features
Detects water every 3 seconds.
Emits a loud 90 db alarm when triggered.
High or low sensor sensitivity selectable to meet different requirements.
View live sensor data online at AmbientWeather.net
Trigger email alerts, text messages or trigger IFTTT actions.
Each console supports up to 4 leak detectors.
Battery power level displayed on AmbientWeather.net
Wireless Specifications:
Line of sight wireless sensor array RF transmission (in open air): 330 feet, 100 feet under most conditions
Sensor detecting interval: 3 seconds
Sensor reporting interval: 60 seconds
RF Frequency: 915 MHz
Power Consumption:
2 x AAA batteries (not included). Alkaline or Lithium recommended.
Battery life: one to two years (unless the alarm sounds)."