Author Topic: WiFi Logger/console with 1.8 firmware  (Read 998 times)

Offline Raven

WiFi Logger/console with 1.8 firmware
« on: April 25, 2020, 02:18:07 PM »
Hello everyone,

Hope y'all are staying safe out there.

I have a question in regards to using WiFi Logger on a Davis console that has Firmware version 1.8

I understand the requirements for WiFi Logger include console firmware Version 1.9

Would it be possible to process the following:

1. Install the Wifi Logger in my console and connect it to my WiFi network.

2. Download a firmware update to e.g. v1.9 (or later if console will take it) from Davis to a Windows PC.

3. Use the Wifi Logger to pass the Firmware update to the console.

4. Reboot everything and complete the set-up.

Thanks!

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Re: WiFi Logger/console with 1.8 firmware
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 12:09:51 AM »
If you're going to upgrade, just go to 3.15.  I have that version in an EXE.  It should be able to upgrade via TCP/IP over the WIFI logger.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 03:46:12 AM »
If you're going to upgrade, just go to 3.15. 

No good I'm afraid if you have an original 2004/2005 VP2 console with the analogue T/H sensors - they won't take F/W past v1.9. That's why knowing the Mfg Code for the console is important.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Raven

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 11:50:27 AM »
No good I'm afraid if you have an original 2004/2005 VP2 console with the analogue T/H sensors - they won't take F/W past v1.9. That's why knowing the Mfg Code for the console is important.

Yup, 1.9 is my final resting place. I'm just hoping the logger itself will allow a direct to PC update from 1.8 to 1.9

I know since my console is a 2004 model with current firmware that dates back to 2008, that the direct to PC is an option. That seems to require the USB Data logger from Davis. I may just order the WiFi Logger and give it a try. If it doesn't work out then a new console may just be the next move.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 09:25:43 PM by Raven »

Online ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 04:21:51 PM »
This is from the developer Wojtek.

There were no problem with update console via WiFiLogger, then I have made some optimization and in 2.26 there was a problem to make console update.
It is alredy solved. version 2.30 is free of problems with update and it can be done flowless.

Wojtek

Offline Raven

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 09:26:55 PM »
Thank you! That's great to hear. I'm really looking forward to getting the weather station data on the web here soon.

anything