Author Topic: The WeatherLink IP firmware version that you are running has a Mandatory Update.  (Read 1697 times)

Offline fjordey37

Geez WeatherLink (Davis) emails have been numerous the last few months.

Yet I am using WiFiLogger -

Should I change something on my logger so Davis will stop emailing me.
I'm guessing there is something I'm sending that is triggering these emails. It looks like they are looking for FW version 1.1.5 - I wish I had a windows machine, otherwise I would just plug the dang thing in and update, but I'm all MAC here.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
I too have a mac.   I'd just let it update and be happy.  It is remotely possible that in order for whatever they are doing at their server needs you to update.  The other option, in your email client, set up a rule to remove from the list these update messages as if they were never sent.

Now I have both the IP and live unit.  I did get a notice that the phone app needed an update so they could send me alerts. I did it, and I notice nothing.  I haven't got a firmware update, yet.  I do live in Iowa and we do things so strange here that perhaps they have figured I have kicked off someplace by now. I have been with a Davis unit since 1993

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
I will fix this. I will change WiFiLogger to introduce as WL IP 1.1.5, not 1.1.2 or something it was.
This problem is only for useres who are using old WL IP DID and KEY and accoount.
With WL PC there is not such problem (yet?).

Offline fjordey37

Thanks! let me know when you have that change in place - I should have reached out much sooner than 5 days prior to their change. 

-------------------------

Davis is giving us til April 10th to fixe this or our Historical Data will be limited to weekly instead of daily. And totally removed in June.

"Dear WeatherLink IP Owner,

The WeatherLink IP firmware version that you are running has a Mandatory Update. Without performing this update, in a matter of days (April 10th) historical data will only be updated once a week, resulting in week-long delays in getting your historic records. On June 1, 2020 you will lose access to all historical and current web, app and API data."

To all who do not understand - I do not use the Davis IP Logger (so upgrading it is not an option) I use WifiLogger and emulated my old IP Logger.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
I got a 107 dollar bill from them for next year.  If I don''t pay it, no historical data from the WL Live unit. Sadly I am not able to poll its data directly.  I guess it is a good income scheme.   BUT.. I can download historical data using software from my IP logger, so I have it another way.   Sadly, I have a mac and limited.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
Thanks! let me know when you have that change in place - I should have reached out much sooner than 5 days prior to their change. 

Do you have WFL1, or WFL2?

Offline fjordey37

I believe I'm on Hardware Version 1 - (WFL1) - my FW is now at WiFiLogger 2.25 -
I have 2 units 1 where I'm located at now, and another in a remote location out of my reach.
Purchased through Scaled Instruments - March of 2019.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:59:34 AM by fjordey37 »

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
I believe I'm on Hardware Version 1 - (WFL1) - my FW is now at WiFiLogger 2.25 -
I have 2 units 1 where I'm located at now, and another in a remote location out of my reach.
Purchased through Scaled Instruments - March of 2019.

Please navigate to SETUP -> SYSTEM and click update. It should shows you 2.30 after proper update.
Please note that debug window is showing some info, but it will not turn off itself. You have to go back to main page after 2 minutes.

Offline fjordey37

ran update - using US server - Using Firefox the debug window came up fine - last message shown [update] Update start... and did not change from that... Went in with a different browser to check and it had updated to WiFiLogger 2.30.

So I'm successfully on 2.30... the notes above are just notes for you, no complaints...

What did you change in the update?

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
ran update - using US server - Using Firefox the debug window came up fine - last message shown [update] Update start... and did not change from that... Went in with a different browser to check and it had updated to WiFiLogger 2.30.

So I'm successfully on 2.30... the notes above are just notes for you, no complaints...

What did you change in the update?

Not much.  No extra features.
PWS has time=now  -> time for weather data sample is added by PWS server, not by WiFiLogger
WL.COM WLIP emulation is now 115, before was 113.
I have to make some tests on WiFiLogger2. I have added option to WFL2 which decrease power consumption.
It is WiFi radio sleep option. WiFi is slower, but current is not 0.08A, but 0.01A. This will fix little problem with extra heat inside console.

Offline fjordey37

Thanks... Will watch and see if Davis continues to complain...

I there a way for us to see what is being sent to davis, in raw format? don't really care in the end, just curious...

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
I there a way for us to see what is being sent to davis, in raw format? don't really care in the end, just curious...

Check attachment

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
I confirm that firmware 2.30 on WFL1 works very well. I upload the data to WL and WU