Author Topic: Maplin N23DQ - Tx issues  (Read 257 times)

Offline Jimthevic

Maplin N23DQ - Tx issues
« on: December 24, 2019, 04:42:37 PM »
I acquired a Maplin N23DQ a few months ago from the dreaded ebay. It has worked reasonably well and I enjoy having the data available on my 'phone. The station has developed an odd problem today. We had a massive hail storm just before dawn (car alarms going off sort of thing) and the data from the outside sensors disappeared from the display. When it got light, I got the ladder out and pulled it down to check it over, there was no obvious damage. Thinking that the batteries might be the problem I left the sensor in the house whilst I popped out to buy some new rechargeables. When I returned the display was showing data again, so back up the ladder I went.
A few minutes later it became obvious that the data was not updating, back up the ladder and remove the sensor to change the batteries. All seemed to be okay with the new set, back up the ladder to replace the sensor.
The display stopped showing any outside data within a few mins, back up the ladder to retrieve the unit to try a reset. All started working again afterwards. Up the ladder I went to replace it...... (repeat several more times)

Any ideas folks? The Rx is about 50ft away from the Tx and until this point I had not had a problem. I moved the Rx to 30ft, line of sight and still had problems once the Tx unit was outside. The only thing I did notice was that the sunlight sensor did not seem to be registering anything at all but the wind speed, wind direction and temp sensors seemed to be working okay (although they did seem to 'freeze' at times).

I have had a look through past posts and I can't find anything similar.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Jim

anything