Author Topic: Are the features the same across the models?  (Read 551 times)

Offline Adam H

Are the features the same across the models?
« on: June 12, 2019, 07:17:11 AM »
There are so many versions of Meteobridge products are the features the same across the models? I know the pro does more but other than that? Someone posted that Meteohub does not have Ambient Weather built in.

I have looked and the info on this can be old (year 2000 since a update on the pdf manual) are some versions no longer updated?

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: Are the features the same across the models?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 07:31:47 AM »
There are so many versions of Meteobridge products are the features the same across the models? I know the pro does more but other than that? Someone posted that Meteohub does not have Ambient Weather built in.

I have looked and the info on this can be old (year 2000 since a update on the pdf manual) are some versions no longer updated?
I do not know what manual you are referring to. All info can be found at the WiKi
Te features page there https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Features  => last update 2018

The normal Meteobridge has all needed features for almost all weatherwebsites. It is fully supported by all major (at least 4)  website templates.

A MB can upload to all (at least a lot) weathernetworks. The list of supported networks is ever expanding with newer networks.
MB also can upload to Ambient weather, but they  charges 150$ to allow you to upload, therefor you need to get a licence from them to upload or buy the device from them

The Meteobridge Pro has large internal memory and therefor stores more detailed historical information in its own "database"

The Meteobridge Nano is only usable in a Davis Console, the Nano-Pro has also the built in extra memory.

If you flash your own small router you can test the features for 14 days free of charge. https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/License_Terms

Wim
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 07:33:43 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Are the features the same across the models?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 08:08:12 AM »
The Meteohub is not a Meteobridge version. The Meteohub is a totally different product.

https://www.smartbedded.com/wiki/index.php/Comparison

The fact that someone commented that the Meteohub does not support Ambientweather.net in a Meteobridge discussion thread is irrelevant. All that comment did is confuse you and other newbies into thinking that the Meteohub was a Meteobridge version.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:15:22 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything