Author Topic: WS-2000 and old spare 1001 console  (Read 565 times)

Offline Weather4me

WS-2000 and old spare 1001 console
« on: May 27, 2019, 07:26:50 PM »
I purchased a new Ambient WS-2000 station and I noticed that my old console will connect to the sensor array. The wind speed and outdoor temperature are not displayed accurately but it looks like the other sensors are correct. I think it is strange that they setup the firmware to be different. Has anybody tried this?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: WS-2000 and old spare 1001 console
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 09:04:31 PM »
The issue you are experiencing is because the new station sensor array has a newer method for reporting wind that is more accurate. It does this by doubling the sample rate per revolution of anemometer. The old anemometer only registered at every full complete revolution. This was evident when you used an ObserverIP when these new sensor arrays came out. The firmware on the ObserverIP back then was updated to accommodate the newer wind sensor. With the ObserverIP you basically were able to choose the station type you were using for it to then calculate the proper wind speed for the given sensor in use.

But unlike the ObserverIP the WS-1000 console will most likely never see an update so that it works with the new sensor array.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Weather4me

Re: WS-2000 and old spare 1001 console
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 09:51:26 PM »
The issue you are experiencing is because the new station sensor array has a newer method for reporting wind that is more accurate. It does this by doubling the sample rate per revolution of anemometer. The old anemometer only registered at every full complete revolution. This was evident when you used an ObserverIP when these new sensor arrays came out. The firmware on the ObserverIP back then was updated to accommodate the newer wind sensor. With the ObserverIP you basically were able to choose the station type you were using for it to then calculate the proper wind speed for the given sensor in use.

But unlike the ObserverIP the WS-1000 console will most likely never see an update so that it works with the new sensor array.

Makes sense. Thanks

anything