Author Topic: You can now upload to Windy  (Read 25322 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: You can now upload to Windy
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2019, 01:48:26 AM »
galfert I never said exactly like WU
but enough the same
and your argument about metric does not hold much weight..Boris would have had all the routines to use imperial as that is what WU uses
and so that I would have thought would have been the easiest
they had that available because they did not want to re invent the wheel. That is what they told me.

Okay...fair enough. Your point is valid. We are both just speculating anyway. Would have, could have, should have....eh...let's move on. This problem will be fixed withing days...probably within 24 hours.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline andyk1

• Contributor
    • Nicoma Park Weather
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2019, 12:42:50 PM »
Just letting everyone know I finally got my Windy working with galfert's help. We abandoned the meteobridge "Weather Network" method in favor of his HTTP with a few mods to what I was using. If you still need help get a hold of him but I will post his method here.

Follow these steps.Remember this is for Imperial and not metric. You will need to change this to suite you.

Go to Services tab on the Meteobridge
    Click on the Select Service drop down and select HTTP Request
    Click on Select Event Type drop down and select Periodical
    Click on Add Service Event button
    You'll now see new fields to fill in above for HTTP under Event Definition section
    Change frequency to Every 5 minutes
    Set Retry to 2 Retries
    Copy and Paste the following URL:
https://stations.windy.com/pws/update/XXX- Your very, very, very long Windy-API-Key goes here-XXX?winddir=[wind0dir-avg2]&windspeedmph=[wind0wind-avg2=mph]&windgustmph=[wind0wind-max10=mph]&tempf=[th0temp-avg5=F]&rainin=[rain0total-sum60=in.2]&baromin=[thb0seapress-min1=inHg.2]&dewptf=[th0dew-avg1=F]&humidity=[th0hum-avg1]&uv=[uv0index-avg5]

Fill in Success: SUCCESS "In Caps as shown"
    Click on the Save button at the bottom
    ***Don't forget to disable the Windy upload in the "Weather Network" tab***

Go you your Windy page. Mine is as an example. Look for your Windy ID along with your lat-long or log in and enter it after /pws-  https://www.windy.com/station/pws-f075a2d9?35.491,-97.329,8,i:pressure

All credit goes to "Galfert" Many many thanks to Galfert for getting me up.

I am sure a fix is coming for those with the Meteobridge.

Andy
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:02:10 PM by andyk1 »

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2019, 12:48:13 PM »
You don't have to include the gps in your url, Windy will fill that in for you, so https://www.windy.com/station/pws-f075a2d9 pulls up your station just fine for me.

Did y'all figure out what what wrong with your HTTP service originally that was causing it to not work?

Offline andyk1

• Contributor
    • Nicoma Park Weather
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2019, 01:12:09 PM »
You don't have to include the gps in your url, Windy will fill that in for you, so https://www.windy.com/station/pws-f075a2d9 pulls up your station just fine for me.

Did y'all figure out what what wrong with your HTTP service originally that was causing it to not work?

You are correct and thank you.

To be honest I am studying what I did that caused it to not work but I cannot figure it out. The best conclusion or assumption I can make is my copy and past somehow added or did not add some characters but looking at it letter for letter I can not find any errors. Galfert did change a set from "&rainin=[rain0total-sum60=in.2" to "&rainin=[rain0total-hoursum=in.2" That's that only thing I can see.

Again thanks for correcting me.

P.S. I may have gotten that backwards here's the string script I am using that works.

https://stations.windy.com/pws/update/XXX- Your very, very, very long Windy-API-Key goes here-XXX?winddir=[wind0dir-avg2]&windspeedmph=[wind0wind-avg2=mph]&windgustmph=[wind0wind-max10=mph]&tempf=[th0temp-avg5=F]&rainin=[rain0total-sum60=in.2]&baromin=[thb0seapress-min1=inHg.2]&dewptf=[th0dew-avg1=F]&humidity=[th0hum-avg1]&uv=[uv0index-avg5]

Remember to keep the "?" at the end of the API key -XXX?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:25:42 PM by andyk1 »

Offline andyk1

• Contributor
    • Nicoma Park Weather
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2019, 08:26:34 PM »
Meteobridge just released an update to address the pressure issue in the Windy Weather Network section. Both galfert's and Meteobridges up should work. I am rebooting now to test out MB's update.

Remember to also turn off your HTTP method. You do not need to delete it just turned off.
In services section on meteobridge click the drop down arrow next to your windy HTTP # for me it's #04 dropdown arrow HTTP. Click the off or delete, which ever you prefer.

Andy

P.S. it is in fact working properly.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 08:35:57 PM by andyk1 »

Offline PraveenC31

« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2019, 08:29:55 AM »
What does windy do with the rain data. They say they do not show rain data for stations :(

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2019, 08:40:02 AM »
What does windy do with the rain data. They say they do not show rain data for stations :(

You can sort of see the rain data in the station if you look at the green and blue section indicating different rain amounts. Blue is light and Green is heavier. Also the length of the bars signifies intensity or amount. UPDATE: Now the thinking is that this is not rain data...it is wind data of high winds. But see next point for definite rain data but not from the individual stations.

You can see on the map Rain Accumulation if you select that option from the side menu.

To see on the map the cities with their rain totals you need to not just be on Rain Accumulation but you also need to select Forecasted Weather icon down below.

Then if you zoom in you get pretty good color map detail and more cities show up with their rain totals. You can't see individual stations but this is pretty good data that is extrapolated from many stations. The Dallas area is getting hammered. That is a lot of rain.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:40:06 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline andyk1

• Contributor
    • Nicoma Park Weather
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2019, 08:42:09 AM »

Glad I saw this reply before asking them. I was just looking at my Station on Windy and guessed it shows up when it's rain. Well it's raining and no rain data. I was going to leave them a message but I guess you answered that.

Offline andyk1

• Contributor
    • Nicoma Park Weather
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2019, 08:45:47 AM »
OK makes sense. I was wondering what that green bar was. Thanks galfert.

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2019, 08:52:39 AM »
I think the thin green line (dots) are gust wind speed and the larger bars average speed. I get them on my station when the wind speed increases, but not had any rain for a couple of weeks!
Mark

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2019, 08:57:14 AM »
I think the thin green line (dots) are gust wind speed and the larger bars average speed. I get them on my station when the wind speed increases, but not had any rain for a couple of weeks!

Hmmm... that might be. I thought it was rain as those were raining days for me and I usually have very calm winds. It only gusts when it is storming. So perhaps that is why I drew a wrong conclusion.

Thanks, I edited my post above.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:59:57 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline andyk1

• Contributor
    • Nicoma Park Weather
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2019, 09:01:14 AM »
Looking at my site it does look like rain. I have the green bar now but not a few hours ago nor yesterday or the day before but looking at my site it sort of matches with rain.
Well looking at it again it may not be rain. We did have almost 0 wind for about 5 hours and I mis-spoke.  The more I look at it, it does look like wind and gusts.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:09:17 AM by andyk1 »

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2019, 09:04:20 AM »
So, no rain for me and this is what I see.
The wind drops to almost nothing here at night when it is relatively calm like now.
Mark

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2019, 09:08:54 AM »
And the nearby "official" stations that only report windspeed - no separate avg and gust, only have the larger bars area filled. So who knows what it means, the Windy documentation is a bit on the light side  :lol:
Mark

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2019, 09:19:27 AM »
Seems like a legend or "key" is needed.  - Rich K.
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

Offline PraveenC31

« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2019, 09:19:54 AM »

You can sort of see the rain data in the station if you look at the green and blue section indicating different rain amounts. Blue is light and Green is heavier. Also the length of the bars signifies intensity or amount.UPDATE: Now the thinking is that this is not rain data...it is wind data of high winds. But see next point for definite rain data but not from the individual stations.

You can see on the map Rain Accumulation if you select that option from the side menu.

To see on the map the cities with their rain totals you need to not just be on Rain Accumulation but you also need to select Forecasted Weather icon down below.

Then if you zoom in you get pretty good color map detail and more cities show up with their rain totals. You can't see individual stations but this is pretty good data that is extrapolated from many stations. The Dallas area is getting hammered. That is a lot of rain.

The rainfall accumulation on windy is forecast I believe, not the past accumulation.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2019, 09:43:53 AM »
The rainfall accumulation on windy is forecast I believe, not the past accumulation.

You are correct. The forecasted rain accumulation can be changed on the bottom left when Rain Accumulation is selected.

I guess there is no historical rain data. Strange. Well Windy is still young. It is after all called Windy and not Rainy.  :grin:
So it is rather curious why they even bother collecting rain data from our stations. No different than PWSweather collecting UV and they don't show it...yet...as they said they are launching a new site at some point hopefully soon.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:47:23 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2019, 09:50:33 AM »

You are correct. The forecasted rain accumulation can be changed on the bottom left when Rain Accumulation is selected.

I guess there is no historical rain data. Strange. Well Windy is still young. It is after all called Windy and not Rainy.  :grin:

Not strange... Just not what they are about... You kinda guessed it...
https://community.windy.com/topic/9/how-can-i-access-historical-data

I am hopeful that with wunderground going the way they are, That they get ambitious and go after wunderground users and implement such features.

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2019, 09:55:34 AM »
Since we are learning what the Windy displays mean how about this one. What does Category mean? It only shows up for Windy stations. It does not show up for my CWOP station on Windy. This Category section does not show any data.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:58:58 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline PraveenC31

« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2019, 09:58:58 AM »
For weather enthusiasts like us in tropical regions, rain is the most interesting stuff. The temperature is pretty much steady throughout the year, no great fluctuations. No rainfall data is a bummer for me and makes me lose motivation to upload to windy. But then again its windy and not rainy! :)

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2019, 11:27:28 AM »
But there again, lots of Windy past-times are rain sensitive too - paragliding/hang gliding etc.
Mark

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2019, 11:04:20 AM »
After beta testing Mark has released CumulusMX build 3049 24-April-2019 with built in Windy upload settings and catch up   https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/Software

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2019, 07:31:29 AM »
Arrrh....See this is what you get for being an early adopter...You become the guinea pig.
Don't use the Meteobridge's Windy upload in the Weather Network tab yet. It is sending the wrong pressure.
Stick to the HTTP upload method for now...(using inHg) as Windy does not accept hPa and is only accepting Pa ...so that is the root cause for this issue.

UPDATE: This problem has been fixed with the latest update. Reboot and get the update.

If you uploaded bad data to Windy, it takes a full week to recover. Bad data can cause flat barometric lines because scaling with regard to this bad data is way off. After a week of good data the bad data falls off the timeline.

All looks good now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:35:17 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Dave97

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2019, 07:15:30 PM »
How does one find PWS on windy? I can only find them with a link. Looking to see if there is any around me.

Offline Jasiu

• Forecaster
    • LexMAWeather
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2019, 07:46:19 PM »
How does one find PWS on windy? I can only find them with a link. Looking to see if there is any around me.

(Assuming you are trying this on a computer browser). Go to the lower right where there is a horizontal line of icons, just above the model selector. Click on the icon that looks like a thermometer (should say "reported temp." when you hover over it). You should then see temperature icons pop up on the map. Zoom in to the location you want and then click on the temperature.

Gotta say that getting to a whole lot of what Windy offers isn't very intuitive.
https://lexmaweather.info
On Mastodon: @LexMAWeather@toot.community

anything