Author Topic: You can now upload to Windy  (Read 25309 times)

Offline Michael M

• Senior Contributor
    • mypensacolaweather.com
Re: You can now upload to Windy
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2019, 01:39:14 PM »
I'm sorry you are right
WU
KFLPENSA29  WU is currently Online Again
Got New Station Installed 9-2-22
CWOP DW7066
[AKA]  Michael

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2019, 02:07:16 PM »
Here you are:
https://www.windy.com/station/pws-f068e4cd

I made a mistake. I found the above linked station on Windy and thought that was you via a CWOP. But I now realize that you must have used Windy.com with your trial Weather-Display. That link I posted is not a CWOP station on Windy.com (that is the part I missed). You do have a CWOP and you are uploading to it but Windy.com didn't pick up your CWOP station because it is not registered. At first I found it odd that though you were not registered but somehow I thought I was seeing you on Windy.com, and so I wrongly concluded that Windy.com was picking up CWOP stations directly from the APRS network (which does show unregistered stations). But no! I now have confirmed (what I already knew) that Windy.com only shows registered CWOP stations because it gets them from MADIS (which only happens once you are registered).  I knew all this but I got confused as you did not disclose you were testing Weather-Display at first.

Your Windy.com station once your CWOP registration is complete will show up with the following link:
https://www.windy.com/station/madis-D7066

But as said before. Uploading directly is better. It is faster an less dayed. Also for some reason CWOP stations on Windy.com don't show precipitation forecast on the graph, and only direct upload station show this. See this post link for comparison:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=36748.0
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 02:27:39 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Michael M

• Senior Contributor
    • mypensacolaweather.com
« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2019, 05:14:15 PM »
I think the station that you found on Windy.com is correct for my station
I created that station Cordova Park which is https://www.windy.com/station/pws-f068e4cd?30.462,-87.192,8,i:pressure
I uploaded to it with the weather display software
just playing around trying to find a way to upload with other software
no mistake on your part
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:15:53 PM by Michael M »
WU
CWOP DW7066
[AKA]  Michael

Offline Michael M

• Senior Contributor
    • mypensacolaweather.com
« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2019, 05:22:28 PM »
What software are you using?
Sorry I see it now on Windy
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:25:06 PM by Michael M »
WU
CWOP DW7066
[AKA]  Michael

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2019, 05:26:05 PM »
Yes the mistake on my part is that I was replying as a follow up to what 92merc said...that your data was already in Windy if you were uploading to CWOP. And the link I provided originally is not a station on Windy whose data came from CWOP (MADIS).

Windy PWS direct upload (via Weather-Display in your case):
https://www.windy.com/station/pws-f068e4cd

Windy station link via MADIS (for registered CWOP stations):
https://www.windy.com/station/madis-D7066

The MADIS stations show up automatically, you don't need to do anything other than to be a registered CWOP station.

Here is my station...both link types (these are two separate instances on Windy where data gets to them via different paths). The direct way is better.

https://www.windy.com/station/pws-f075acbe
https://www.windy.com/station/madis-F3708

I'm using a Meteobridge (WeatherBridge) at the moment for Windy. But I also run Weather-Display at the same time for other stuff and I have tested Windy with it.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:28:38 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2020, 05:29:30 AM »
What version of Cumulus supports direct upload to Windy.com?

If your data is getting into the CWOP database, Windy is already getting your data.  It may be a bit delayed vs. a direct upload.  But it does end up there.

I have Cumulus, which does allow me to send to Windy.com.  I haven't seen anything for WeatherLink.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2020, 07:51:32 AM »
Why not just use the latest version 3.3.0 build 3063?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:54:25 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2020, 12:42:11 PM »
What version of Cumulus supports direct upload to Windy.com?
CumulusMX b.3049 and up (current v.3.3.0 b.3063) supports Windy built-in https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17381&hilit=windy#p134212

Cumulus1 should also be able to send to Windy through the External program option.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2020, 09:22:32 AM »
I'm using the latest patch of 1.9.4 and don't wish to change at this point.  I've read this post https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=17381 but I'm still not clear on how to set this up as an external program option.  Is it as simple as using a php script or something similar to execute the url?  Probably not so I guess I need guidance.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2020, 02:42:02 PM »
Cumulus1 should also be able to send to Windy through the External program option.

I probably spoke too soon as Custom HTTP call in CumulusMX that permits direct uploads to Windy (which is not in Cumulus1) is different than the External program function as there are webtags that need to be processed.  Likely a way with php but not in my ability :(

Hope you can enjoy,
Paul

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2020, 03:20:08 PM »
Thank you Paul.  I'm thinking that it shouldn't be complicated for someone who works with php more than I do.  I'm already generating both realtime.txt and CUtags.php.  Both files contain current data.  All that has to be done is move that data into the url and send it.

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2020, 04:34:38 PM »
I just set up my PWS to start uploading to Windy.Com this morning. I've been sending data to CWOP for years and that station is visible. I know my PWS upload is working because I can see my data at stations.windy.com/pws/station/--API KEY--/0. However, when I attempt to see my PWS station on the Windy map at https://www.windy.com/station/pws-f07efd5e?32.295,-95.243,8,i:pressure, the Windy map displays with temps and a flashing circle at my location, but my PWS station is not shown as I would expect it would be. Also, the bottom quarter of the screen where other data and station info are normally displayed is just white with a spinning circle.

Any idea why this is happening? Does the station have to be sending data to Windy for a longer period before it's shown on the map?

Thanks.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2020, 11:11:02 AM »
Any idea why this is happening? Does the station have to be sending data to Windy for a longer period before it's shown on the map?
What software or means are you using to upload to Windy?
In my experience with multiple stations I've configured the data starts showing up almost instantly.
I suspect that there is an error in the upload packets in the way they are formulated. I understand you see data but there may be something wrong or missing.
Tele-Pole

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2020, 11:19:28 AM »
I'm sending my PWS data with a PHP script passing my data via the Windy URL.

The Windy map is now showing my data. Evidently, it takes several hours for the data to get used by the Windy maps even though my data was showing up immediately. Others have reported a similar issue on the Windy Community Forum.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2020, 11:27:45 AM »
Okay glad it is resolved. I think there must be an internal manual approval process that perhaps accurs quicker for some than others depending on when they do the next approval.

I still think they should do something more informative than showing a spinning circle. That just leaves anyone scratching their heads.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:10:12 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »
I agree. The spinning circle was very frustrating. But after confirming my data was reaching Windy every 5 minutes, then coming across others who had seen this, I was hoping it would resolve itself overnight. And it did.

Offline K5GHS

• K5GHS's Website
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2020, 05:15:40 PM »
I will have to look at this when I have more time to see if I can do it with the GW1000B or Ambient station later.  Don't have much time before work today.  I'll monitor the topic for sure though.
Joshua
K5GHS
http://www.k5ghs.radio

Collin County, TX  Grid: EM13qd  CWOP: AV590
Skywarn Repeaters:  147.180 Primary 146.740 Secondary
100% Emergency Powered Ham Radio Station (540AH Batteries/Solar Rechargeable)
Ambient Weather WS-2000
Ecowitt GW1000

Offline ixlr8

« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2020, 11:44:37 AM »
Is there anyway to edit station location on Windy?? It seems I entered the GPS coordinates in DD MM SSS rather than decimal and my station is not in the correct position. I for the life of me can't find my station to be able to edit it. There is NOTHING obvious about how to navigate and find anything on the WINDY site. Most of the time I can't find my station and when I do... I don't remember what I did to get it. I also uploaded my webcam and it is not showing up, 2 days later and I can't find the info to go with the webcam to see what I might have done wrong.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2020, 01:31:14 PM »
There is a way to edit the location.

Go here to see the station and click on the pencil icon to edit. Then update the location:
https://stations.windy.com/stations
Tele-Pole

Offline ixlr8

« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2020, 01:56:38 PM »
There is a way to edit the location.

Go here to see the station and click on the pencil icon to edit. Then update the location:
https://stations.windy.com/stations
Thank you, I have literally spent hours looking for that, I figured it had to be there somewhere. I sure wish the WINDY site was easier to navigate and find things.

Offline mark014

• Weather conditions in Ślesin (Poland)
« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2020, 09:56:36 AM »
I am writing to make sure, as I understand it, I cannot send data from Ecowitt weather station to windy.com by filling in the form in the Customized uploading window?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2020, 11:15:56 AM »
I am writing to make sure, as I understand it, I cannot send data from Ecowitt weather station to windy.com by filling in the form in the Customized uploading window?

The GW1000 cannot itself upload to Windy.com. The Windy.com upload API is different and not supported by the "Customized" server upload feature.

I present to you 2 options:
1- Add some additional weather software that supports uploading to Windy.com like; Cumulus MX, Meteobridge, Weather-Display, or WeeWX
2- Upload to CWOP, which is also not directly supported by the GW1000...which means again referring to my #1 option. But any CWOP station once registered shows up on Windy.com. There are some scripts out there if you search for doing things like pulling from WU to the upload to CWOP...but eh...go with option #1.

Tele-Pole

Offline mark014

• Weather conditions in Ślesin (Poland)
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2020, 11:43:28 AM »
I enjoy the way data is presented on windy.com and I upload it by CumulusMX when my computer is on but I don't want to buy any extra device to use the software around the clock specifically for this purpose. I sent an email to Ecowitt to encourage them to add extra window for the API Key in WSView app and I hope one day they will introduce it.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2020, 11:58:01 AM »
You could consider running Cumulus MX on a Raspberry Pi. Low cost, small foot print, totally silent if you use a Flirc case, negligible power use, very reliable. It's a win win every way for such a modest investment. You could also consider the Meteobridge for almost all the same reasons for just a little more expense.
Tele-Pole

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2020, 08:04:08 PM »
Apparently I can't upload to Windy when only using Meteobridge Pro. Is that right?
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

anything