Author Topic: Weather Cloud issuses  (Read 1739 times)

Offline monkey38

Weather Cloud issuses
« on: October 29, 2018, 11:53:07 PM »
I'm new to this forum and found where i can upload my weather to "weathercloud" I loaded notepad++ and I think I entered my key and id on the proper line but not sure i did or not. I"m running an acurite 5-1 station model number 06039. I do up load to weather underground using an Acurite Access. I'm not even sure if my style of station is compatibly with weathercloud as I didn't totally understand it.

Any help anyone could give me would be muchly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Jim

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Weather Cloud issuses
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 06:39:24 AM »
If you just have a 5-in-1 and an Access then all you can do is send your data to myAcurite and Weather Underground. It isn't possible to send to WeatherCloud.

Notepad++ is just a file text editor. Where are you finding to enter in WeatherCloud info? Sounds like you are just editing a file that doesn't have any function. Editing a note file does not accomplish any action unless the file you are editing is something that other running software can act on the data being changed.

We really just need some more information as to what you have, where are you entering WeatherCloud Station information, what you are trying to accomplish, and what instructions you are following.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:45:40 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline monkey38

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
I downloaded w-cloud 0.11 then followed what i though would let me upload to the weathercloud but if they don't support Acu-Rite 5-1 stations then you have answered my question. I enter my info in Notepad++ as i read that somewhere when searching that could be used to to link to weathercloud with my info they provided when i signed up. I want to thank you for responding and giving me the info.   

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 06:05:45 AM »
I think you mean you downloaded weewx-wcloud-0.11.tgz not something called w-cloud right? From here:
https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/weathercloud

If this is the case, this download is an extension to another program called WeeWx to give it WeatherCloud connectivity. It requires WeeWx to be running and be operational and receiving weather data from a compatible soruce. It also is a program that only runs on a Linux operating system computer. Won't run on Windows. It is possible to do some advanced command line procedures to make it run on macOS (not typical or common).
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole