Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 87057 times)

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #725 on: October 05, 2021, 04:53:36 AM »
The arrow looks perfect to me. It is the same as a wind sock or airplane would look, blunt end into the wind.
I really have no response to that.

The trailing edges are always sharp.......leading edges are usually rounded.........sharp vs blunt. \:D/

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
    • The weather in Jefferson, GA
« Reply #726 on: October 05, 2021, 02:34:53 PM »
I switched over to using PWSdashboard as it is almost the same (uses meteobridge realtime.txt output) and supports way more IO, and is updated more often.

Thanks Julius for the suggestion! I'm really liking it!

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #727 on: October 05, 2021, 09:36:19 PM »
I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus with soil station and WLL am i right in thinking that I also need to buy a meteobridge as well if i want to use your template, Brian? be a shame as i really like what you've done with it.

Good Morning

if you own a Meteobridge and Davis Hardware then it will work out of the box just fine .

many other options/displayable views via menu, uses a simple one click to apply updates also has built in one click back up solution

so me ol mucker :-) you got a Meteobridge ? then your good to go but your not restricted to this template if your using Meteobridge many other solutions that might just be more suitable ..

have a good day..Brian

Ah, what a shame, no, i don't have a meteobridge, i really like the template too, yeah, i already use various others but there's sommat about your version :)

sorry about that but anything other than meteobridge is beyond my ability..

Aw now, come on, we all know that's not true as i was with you from the beginning and i still have that one running or a later version of it from you and it's still running strong :) but i do understand where you are coming from, its far less stress/trouble this way and i respect that.
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #728 on: October 06, 2021, 11:33:56 AM »
Aw now, come on, we all know that's not true as i was with you from the beginning and i still have that one running or a later version of it from you and it's still running strong :) but i do understand where you are coming from, its far less stress/trouble this way and i respect that.

Ha inability really means I don't have the knowledge or experience of anything other than Meteobridge :-) , Im sure all other software etc is fully capable of delivering similar masses of data just they all do it differently that's where the tedious and out of my comfort zone kicks in . Sticking to what I know or familiar with  I can implement ideas with ease like below todays update adds another optional screen layout shown below. Think what you have their if it still works and aint broke don't fix it ... have a good evening ..

screenshots of optional layouts with small charts

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #729 on: October 06, 2021, 11:58:54 AM »

Pack it in, they look really good, sadly i cannot afford a MB at present and may never to be honest as i have just gotten the Weatherlink Live, a shame as its really nice, ya done a great job on it :)

Ha inability really means I don't have the knowledge or experience of anything other than Meteobridge :-) , Im sure all other software etc is fully capable of delivering similar masses of data just they all do it differently that's where the tedious and out of my comfort zone kicks in . Sticking to what I know or familiar with  I can implement ideas with ease like below todays update adds another optional screen layout shown below. Think what you have their if it still works and aint broke don't fix it ... have a good evening ..

screenshots of optional layouts with small charts

Kind regards
Bashy

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #730 on: October 06, 2021, 12:10:58 PM »
Well if I was in UK id lend you a Meteobridge I have a draw full of various models then you could determine if its what you would use then you could purchase a new license and buy me a decent pint of bitter off the tap .  but sending things abroad from here in Istanbul Turkey is a bit of nightmare at present has nearest DHL/Fed Ex depots are 60km away now at new airport.. so can't help there  .

end of the day if what you have works fine why change ..

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #731 on: October 06, 2021, 11:51:10 PM »
Well if I was in UK id lend you a Meteobridge I have a draw full of various models then you could determine if its what you would use then you could purchase a new license and buy me a decent pint of bitter off the tap .  but sending things abroad from here in Istanbul Turkey is a bit of nightmare at present has nearest DHL/Fed Ex depots are 60km away now at new airport.. so can't help there  .

end of the day if what you have works fine why change ..

Aw, thanks for the thought anyway :D
I don't think the graphs work on the template anymore, hence looking about
What is the minimum MB needed to use your template to its full potential, please?
Ive seen the MB black and red and those are WOW but with a WOW cost lol, but there's also much cheaper
so wondering if there is a version that will work just for your template but provide all sensors like the soil station etc
It does not have to upload to WU or anything like that as WD handles all that for me, just need to for yours....
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #732 on: October 07, 2021, 01:33:41 AM »
good morning

any meteobridge, just send me your address ill send a small meteobridge tplink in a jiffy bag and hope it arrives sometime this year .. you can try it and if it meets your needs you need to purchase a license to be able to update firmware to current and to be able to update firmware releases for next two years. that said i find most updates are not specific to Davis hardware more related to supporting newer hardware brands and features. but it will communicate with Davis  WLL with a firmware update hence purchasing a license.

sending via jiffy bag has no insurance so if it goes astray its generally got lost in the post scenario and device is similar size to a pack of cigarettes so it would arrive via royal mail post not courier.

so there we are nothing to lose just beware running multiple methods i.e WD , WLL  you could be in for messy learning curve period but sooner or later it all falls into place..

also worth asking JohnD  at Pro Data if he has any on the shelf then you may have support on the end of the telephone..

have a good day ..Brian

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #733 on: October 07, 2021, 02:47:06 AM »
good morning

any meteobridge, just send me your address ill send a small meteobridge tplink in a jiffy bag and hope it arrives sometime this year .. you can try it and if it meets your needs you need to purchase a license to be able to update firmware to current and to be able to update firmware releases for next two years. that said i find most updates are not specific to Davis hardware more related to supporting newer hardware brands and features. but it will communicate with Davis  WLL with a firmware update hence purchasing a license.

sending via jiffy bag has no insurance so if it goes astray its generally got lost in the post scenario and device is similar size to a pack of cigarettes so it would arrive via royal mail post not courier.

so there we are nothing to lose just beware running multiple methods i.e WD , WLL  you could be in for messy learning curve period but sooner or later it all falls into place..

also worth asking JohnD  at Pro Data if he has any on the shelf then you may have support on the end of the telephone..

have a good day ..Brian

Hi Brian, i really appreciate that, thank you, I am quite happy to pay for the device and shipping etc, i take it this device just plugs into a windows PC? if it needs a linux PC setup then we need to stop right there lol, that will never happen, its too far above my skill set of which is near on zero :)

I will send you a PM later, please let me know the total cost, thanks agia
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #734 on: October 07, 2021, 03:06:29 AM »
hi

i would have a read up on meteobridge, it doesnt require a 24/7 computer to be attached, just the initial setup. its another man in the middle just doesnt require a computer to do its stuff . im not the man to educate on the processs of running alongside WLL or WD no experience with either. so have a read and digest then just let me know .cost to,send via a jiffy bag is roughly a tenner via slow mail , it has no value to me its been sitting in a draw since i think 2018 i have numerous tplink devices configured for meteobridge to fall back on if needed . so dont worry about the costs just buy me a decent pint of bitter if and when I ever travel to UK ..

as above have a digest around this forum or meteobridge forum and the meteobridge wiki https://wiki.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Home

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #735 on: October 07, 2021, 03:35:17 AM »
Ah dont mind me, i was getting confused with those small computer things (adrino i think they're called)
I will have a read nonetheless and then give you a shout, thank you
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #736 on: October 07, 2021, 07:11:42 AM »
....small computer things ....

It can also all be done on a Raspberry Pi, mini computer. It would run with a bit more power overhead than the TP Link that he is sending you. It would also require an expensive SD Card, Special type, and also require the license purchase as described. You would copy the programming onto the SD Card to run the device.

https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #737 on: October 07, 2021, 07:17:18 AM »

It can also all be done on a Raspberry Pi, mini computer. It would run with a bit more power overhead than the TP Link that he is sending you. It would also require an expensive SD Card, Special type, and also require the license purchase as described. You would copy the programming onto the SD Card to run the device.

Starting with a donated licensed TP-Link seems to be a good idea. When more appetite comes during using the device, an upgrade to a RPI version with local storage can be the next step. That way no invests need to be done upfront.   [tup]
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #738 on: October 07, 2021, 07:20:23 PM »

Thats the thing i'd read about :)
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #739 on: October 07, 2021, 07:22:42 PM »

Starting with a donated licensed TP-Link seems to be a good idea. When more appetite comes during using the device, an upgrade to a RPI version with local storage can be the next step. That way no invests need to be done upfront.   [tup]

Thanks, am i right in thinking, it will work just fine alongside my Davis WLL , all it is doing is receiving from the ISS and soil temp/moisture/leaf station the same as the WLL
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline lanky8804

« Reply #740 on: December 21, 2021, 02:48:20 PM »
Sorry in advance, im sure this is a dumb question but can't seem to find the answer.

Got Meteobridge on a RasPi4 connected to a Davis Vantage Vue with Weatherlink Live.

How do I get my Meteobridge data to a Weather34 dashboard hosted on my webserver?

Weather34 installed on server: weather.lanky8804.co.uk
Meteobridge I see Weather34 as a Service but get stuck at the API URL??

Any advice greatly appriciated.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #741 on: December 21, 2021, 05:50:58 PM »

Offline lanky8804

« Reply #742 on: December 22, 2021, 03:56:49 AM »
Excellent thank you, now pulling the data through.

Offline dolfs

« Reply #743 on: June 13, 2023, 10:28:46 PM »
I may have missed this somewhere, and surely could not find it searching through this thread. I am running an older version of the MB template, named DX-OS but I am seeing some errors in my server logs, most likely due to PHP version (running 8.1). Before I go and try to fix these, I'd like to get the latest version. This seems to require some kind of personal request to weather34, but I was not able to find the required mechanism for this.

Can somebody fill me in?
--dolf

Ambient WS-1400-IP + MeteoBridge

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #744 on: June 14, 2023, 05:17:21 AM »
I may have missed this somewhere, and surely could not find it searching through this thread. I am running an older version of the MB template, named DX-OS but I am seeing some errors in my server logs, most likely due to PHP version (running 8.1). Before I go and try to fix these, I'd like to get the latest version. This seems to require some kind of personal request to weather34, but I was not able to find the required mechanism for this.

Can somebody fill me in?

template is freely available at the meteobridge forum regular simple updates are released and current release is fully PHP 8.2.6 compatible .all simple updates are verified with latest PHP releases prior to release.

your older version is not compatible with simple update release , your required to install the master Weather34 Aurora MKII release and then simply apply the simple updates through the setup screen.

Current version has 7 optional layout views which range from desktop ,smart tv tested upto 75",mobile phones,ipads,apple watch series 3 to ultra . pretty much caters for most scenarios and layouts mostly are based on requests, user ideas i.e some layouts have realtime charts views , some are more dynamic some are basic  so on there is a layout to suit most

https://forum.meteohub.de/viewtopic.php?p=47129#p47129

to download master from the meteobridge site https://forum.meteohub.de/viewtopic.php?t=16253

no request is required and limited support is available via the same forum thread .
constructive requests, ideas are very welcome but it is important to understand there is no further development in terms adding more data i.e additional sensors and the Template has and was pretty much optimized around the standard Davis hardware setup , there is no support or compatibility guarantees for other brands like the popular Ecowitt setups merely a chance of luck if it functions with those other brands. Requests are always considered based on there beneficial for everyone individual requests can be done but providing there is some benefits for others and is not broken upon each simple update release.

Myself no longer own a weather station simply use my iPhone or watch for my weather needs . However has template has been in stable state it is pretty much easy to maintain when dealing with PHP revision changes.

please note there is no language options it is purely English only ,  there was some support made available for additional languages from a long term user Josep from Barcelona but sadly he passed away a few weeks and he was very much the backbone of providing additional language support which he enjoyed doing ,he was a long term sufferer from multiple sclerosis which limited his mobility so the template kept him occupied for many hours a day .

hope that helps and as above regular simple updates come via the meteobridge forum thread https://forum.meteohub.de/viewtopic.php?t=16253&start=180

https://forum.meteohub.de/viewtopic.php?p=47129#p47129

some examples of its current appearance below

https://whaleybridge-weather.com/weather34-full-layout.php

https://singaporeweather.info/weather34-os2-tablet.php

edit...if you require conversion of chart data from previous versions or years this can be done on request via the meteobridge forum and allow upto a week based on Im readily available obviously summer periods may be a few weeks due to holidays and other events ..

have a good day Brian..
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 05:35:43 AM by weather34 »

Offline dolfs

« Reply #745 on: June 15, 2023, 04:26:36 PM »
Thanks, I got it all in place. Works fine. One thing I ran into is that on the console-settings page, the images for the layouts are missing. I checked in the source directory, and they are not there.
Perhaps I did something wrong:
* Installed full version
* Ran R5 update

Should there have been other updates I should have run in between?
--dolf

Ambient WS-1400-IP + MeteoBridge

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #746 on: June 19, 2023, 01:17:03 AM »
Thanks, I got it all in place. Works fine. One thing I ran into is that on the console-settings page, the images for the layouts are missing. I checked in the source directory, and they are not there.
Perhaps I did something wrong:
* Installed full version
* Ran R5 update

Should there have been other updates I should have run in between?

hello

I will add on the newer additional images for setup screen in next update which will have another additional layout option as well taking it to 8 layouts to choose from. it might be worth following the Meteobridge forum thread https://forum.meteohub.de/viewtopic.php?p=47156#p47156
for updates/solutions etc as I don't get on here very much.

Brian

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
« Reply #747 on: June 29, 2023, 08:43:06 PM »
Can anyone give me a hint on how the airlink talks to the weather34 template? I have a template going at http://anthony.spalla.com/Weather34/ and I also have my airlink connected to my meteobridge. But I can't seem to fig out how I get the template to see the data from my airlink. I would be gratefully if someone could share what I am missing.

Anthony

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #748 on: June 30, 2023, 03:10:35 AM »
you add the airlink to the template admin console settings.  http://anthony.spalla.com/Weather34/console-setup.php

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 03:13:10 AM by ConligWX »
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
« Reply #749 on: June 30, 2023, 08:57:02 PM »
you add the airlink to the template admin console settings.  http://anthony.spalla.com/Weather34/console-setup.php

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I did do that. But its still not updating. I do know the airlink is working because its updating on my WeatherDisplay program just fine.

I will do more searching. I may post in the forum were the person(s) hang out more.

Thanks anyway.

Anthony