Author Topic: Newish Weather Website  (Read 1512 times)

Offline alexstaar

• Senior Contributor
Newish Weather Website
« on: August 11, 2016, 07:22:47 PM »
Hello all,

Just thought I would share my newish weather website for my weather station (Davis VP2 w/ 24-hour FARS)... I say newish because it's been running since roughly mid-April of this year (2016). I used the simple, yet very useful Cumulus Templates. I love them! I'm sure some people think they are too simple or non-modern looking, but I really like to simple design and layout and all the info available with just the stock templates. I added the Steel Series Gauges and love monitoring those as a storm moves through while I'm away from home.

Next on the list of things to add are my webcam (currently uploading to just WU), NOAA Reports with the .php script, a station info page (with station info and site pics, etc.).

Here's the link: www.uah-mcthornmoracres-weather.com

I'd appreciate any comments, questions, or suggestions. Enjoy!
-Alex

Davis 6153 VP2 with 24-hour FARS/
Davis 6250 Vantage Vue
WU: KNJMOUNT68/KSCGREER81
CWOP: FW5135/EW6390
www.uah-mcthornmoracres-weather.com

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Newish Weather Website
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 08:44:11 PM »
Looks good, and all seems working.  That is how I started and still use!

Only one suggestion is the title/location name is something local, that has no hint to the rest of the globe visitors where it is located.  (that I find in many sites - I had to search your ID to see you are in Huntsville, AL / Greenville, SC)

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline alexstaar

• Senior Contributor
Re: Newish Weather Website
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 12:57:13 AM »
Hi Paul, thanks for the reply!

Yes, I realized that myself shortly after editing some of the text on the main "Now" page. Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to update it the next time I'm "tinkering" around with the templates.
-Alex

Davis 6153 VP2 with 24-hour FARS/
Davis 6250 Vantage Vue
WU: KNJMOUNT68/KSCGREER81
CWOP: FW5135/EW6390
www.uah-mcthornmoracres-weather.com