Author Topic: (SST) Sea Surface Temperature HANIS Loops  (Read 1007 times)

Offline satcop

• Senior Contributor
    • Clifton Virginia Weather
(SST) Sea Surface Temperature HANIS Loops
« on: December 14, 2015, 06:44:08 PM »
NOAA as part of its tropical satellite page also provides links to color sea surface temperature loops that show the last 15 days in HANIS for the Atlantic and the Pacific (central and eastern).  Borrowing heavily from Jerry (gwwilk)have put together a page for this.  You can see the page in action here: SST Page.

I will follow the distribution mechanism for this script that Jerry has followed recently for the other HANIS scripts.  Accordingly after clicking on these links, right-clicking and selecting 'Save as...' and then saving as the default file name (minus '.txt') will get you the following scripts:

wxus-sstloops-h5.php Main Script - The Primary Script - Place this in your menu after selecting your default '$region' (see 'inc-show-region-h5-sst.php' for the correct codes) and putting it in the root of your site.
inc-show-region-h5-sst.php Dependent Script - The Dependent Script That Does the Work - Put this in the root of your site as well.

I put this together using Ken's wide format screen.  Jerry is providing on his website a version for those of you using the narrow version of Ken's template.  The scripts on Jerry's site can be found here: Main Script for the main script in narrow format and here: Dependent Script for the dependent script in narrow format.  Thank you Jerry for the very usable base and the proof read.

Bob

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:50:55 PM by satcop »
Clifton, Virginia Weather

Blitzortung Stations 1189, 1451 - CWOP EW1675

Offline satcop

• Senior Contributor
    • Clifton Virginia Weather
Re: (SST) Sea Surface Temperature HANIS Loops
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:02:55 AM »
For those of you using the Sea Surfaces Temperature script as Jerry found on the other satellite loops, the NOAA Satellite and Information Service has changed the display of these loops to Pop-Up Windows in New Tabs.  This required a new value for the iframe computation in 'wxus-sstloops-h5.php', the only script that needs to be changed.  A new version of this script is available on my site
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:17:15 PM by satcop »
Clifton, Virginia Weather

Blitzortung Stations 1189, 1451 - CWOP EW1675

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Re: (SST) Sea Surface Temperature HANIS Loops
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 11:57:51 AM »
For those of you using the Sea Surfaces Temperature script as Gerry found on the other satellite loops, the NOAA Satellite and Information Service has changed the display of these loops to Pop-Up Windows in New Tabs.  This required a new value for the iframe computation in 'wxus-sstloops-h5.php', the only script that needs to be changed.  A new version of this script is available on my site.
I've also modified my narrow Saratoga version which can be downloaded here.  The 'SPECIAL MESSAGE' is now part of a commented out section which is still a part of the page, so the detection of this blew up the normal display of these loops.  If the 'SPECIAL MESSAGE' is reactivated for some reason, these scripts will need to be re-worked because as of today there's no detection in place.  (The 'includes' script hasn't changed.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:10:41 PM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com