Author Topic: Can't restart Wunderground PWS reporting  (Read 2061 times)

Offline DiverDan

Can't restart Wunderground PWS reporting
« on: October 21, 2015, 01:07:39 AM »
I have an Ambient Weather WS-1001-WiFi station I set up in June and all was well until I went on a 4-week trip in late August.  Several days into my trip the station quit reporting.  I sent a support request to Wunderground 16 days ago with no reply yet.  I connect thru Verizon FIOS, and no problems with anything else.

Below is the message I sent Wunderground support.  Anyone have any ideas?  I sent a form request for help 16 days ago with no response.
> Wunderground support:
>
>   I recently returned from a long trip, and my PWS stopped reporting shortly after I left:
> KTXCARRO45
>
>   On your site, it shows "PWS not reporting".
>
>   Once before when it stopped reporting, powering down the station console and rebooting it worked, but not this time.
>
>   I also powered down my wireless router, and both at the same time; no help.
>
>   Accessing the router with 192.168.1.1 showed that the console is transmitting:
> Wireless
> 192.168.1.5    [That IS the station console, which works locally].
> Active
> Enabled
>
>   and DMZ Host [allow a single networked device to be fully exposed to the Internet] shows the address for the console, 192.168.1.5 enabled.
>
>   Data from both indoor and outdoor units shows correctly on the Ambient Weather WS01001-WiFi console.  My password is unchanged.
>
>   How can I get my data uploading again?
>
> Thanks,

DiverDan

BTW, here's a reward for anyone who reads this.  You can see a video of about half of my trip made by two other who were there, at Wildshutterimaging.com.  Click Video, then the first one; "Paradise Found".  I did close-ups.  Attached is one of mine.  All best hi-res, headphones.

Offline KTXBALCH2

• KTXBALCH2
Re: Can't restart Wunderground PWS reporting
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 05:49:17 PM »
With your ambient, you should have a copy of a software program called "Ambient Weather ObserverIP1.0" I suggest you pull that up on your computer and re-enter the data. I had to do that when I changed batteries last week.

You see, WU is your host. Ambient supply the software to connect to it, so if you have connection problems, get in touch with them.

All the best.

Ian

Offline DiverDan

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 11:44:30 PM »
Thanks, Ian.  I've added this to my Troubleshooting.txt file for future use.  I've learned that the best way to keep from reliving the tech problems of history is to keep a record of solutions.

Offline KTXBALCH2

• KTXBALCH2
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 11:51:15 PM »
Did this help solve a problem?

Ian