Author Topic: Uploading thumbnail images  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Hugh Whalen

Uploading thumbnail images
« on: December 02, 2008, 07:36:39 PM »
I can upload jpg or gif images to my website. However these are standard size files (in this case 640 by 480 pixels). I can display a thumbnail  on my webpage using the "img src" html tags and specifying the size of the thumbnail (width = "112" height = "84"). This downloads a full size jpg and displays it in the reduced size. It works... but I wonder if Weather Display would allow me to upload both a standard size webcam image and a thumbnail image.

Weather Display is a great program but very complicated. I have been using it since August 1st and it is possible that I have not yet discovered how to do this.

So, my questions are:

1. Can I upload both a standard sized jpg and a thumbnail image to my server?
2. If so, how?

My weather website is www.flowers-cove.ca

If you look at the webcam image now you will just see the moon reflecting in the water (if you are lucky) :)

TIA

Hugh

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
Re: Uploading thumbnail images
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:52:32 AM »
I don't think WD can do this. Usually to do this. You need to use a web page editor such as Front Page and create a page with thumbnail images on it. Then when someone clicks on one of the thumbnails. A full size image pops up.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »
If you can create them, you should be able to with Weather Display.

Check these image scripts out. They might work for what you'd like.

http://www.642weather.com/weather/scripts.php
Tony

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 12:59:35 PM »
you could use the 3rd party web cam setup, and select the source as the normal webcam image
and then set the output image size as much smaller (use the alternative method at the bottom of that setup)
and then set to upload that with the general ftp or similar

if using the customised file creation and upload setup, you can set there to also create and upload thumbnail images of each of the WD web images (Anthony is not correct in saying that WD can not create thumbnail images)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com