Author Topic: Mark III CC Solar Pack Life  (Read 1152 times)

Offline WVZR-1

Mark III CC Solar Pack Life
« on: March 23, 2015, 05:50:57 PM »
I thought I'd do a separate thread rather than ask additional questions in my "console" thread.

Is there a possibility that a NIB Mark III that has been on the shelf for maybe 9+ years just resting maybe wouldn't respond to the solar activation. I know absolutely nothing about the solar charging system of these machines but is it something I need to be especially concerned with before the purchase? Not being familiar with the solar pack, is it something that is maybe considered "maintenance" throughout the life of the unit?

The serial numbers of this unit seem to hint equipment that is 9+ years old.

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
Re: Mark III CC Solar Pack Life
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 06:36:33 PM »
from my Rainwise historical files...

..."The battery is actually the only thing that powers the station, the solar panel is on a different circuit, all it does is charge the battery. Basically, the solar panel is like a alternator in a car."

Offline WVZR-1

Re: Mark III CC Solar Pack Life
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:44:44 PM »
from my Rainwise historical files...

..."The battery is actually the only thing that powers the station, the solar panel is on a different circuit, all it does is charge the battery. Basically, the solar panel is like a alternator in a car."

I believe I should maybe/likely plan on a battery replacement. Is there any known to be a "preferred" replacement?