Author Topic: tweaked my site again  (Read 1998 times)

Offline wxman1952

• Forecaster
    • Saginaw County Weather
tweaked my site again
« on: February 04, 2015, 07:54:48 PM »
I guess like all of us who has a website, we never stop trying to tweak our site a bit. lol Well, I did it to my home page again. Any and all comments are welcome
Mike

Offline Central Maine Weather

• Forecaster
    • Central Maine Weather
Re: tweaked my site again
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »
Looks great! I run a Webs website too. I'm only using the free version though, and sadly I can no longer make any big changes to my site because of their recent removal of the HTML editor for free memberships. I can only make image, text, and arrangememnt changes, which I do often! I will either have to update to a premium plan or change primary sites to my backup site on weebly. I seem to be exceeding my bandwidth a bit more often too now, something I don't have to worry about on my weebly site which is a plus.
Thanks for sharing your link! Again nice arrangement on your homepage! I also use the WU Rapid Fire stickers on my pages. They work great for this type of setup :-)
       - Matt
http://bearpondareaweather.webs.com/
Central Maine Weather | Manchester, ME, USA
Davis Vantage Pro2 w/24hr FARS & WeatherLink Live
CWOP ID GW1328
CoCoRAHS ID ME-KB-55
My YouTube Channel = https://www.youtube.com/@OffTrailMaine

Offline wxman1952

• Forecaster
    • Saginaw County Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 10:08:24 PM »
Looks great! I run a Webs website too. I'm only using the free version though, and sadly I can no longer make any big changes to my site because of their recent removal of the HTML editor for free memberships. I can only make image, text, and arrangememnt changes, which I do often! I will either have to update to a premium plan or change primary sites to my backup site on weebly. I seem to be exceeding my bandwidth a bit more often too now, something I don't have to worry about on my weebly site which is a plus.
Thanks for sharing your link! Again nice arrangement on your homepage! I also use the WU Rapid Fire stickers on my pages. They work great for this type of setup :-)
       - Matt

Thanks. I too use the "free' version of webs. I can still do HTML. I still am able to use the old version of website builder and not use the site builder 3. Good think I didn't update to that newer version. I didn't like it when they first came out with it. Thanks again,
Mike

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:44:34 PM »
Looks great guys!  It's nice to see you can still have a good looking website without scripts. Don't get me wrong, I do miss my ajax/php site, but these give me ideas of what to do with mine.  I'm sure I will rebuild mine over the next few weeks.
Hardware:  Acurite Atlas with Lightning Detector
CoCoRaHs Station: LA-TG-11

NWS's Ponchatoula/Hammond Area's COOP Member
President | Director of Operations - StormCast

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 11:48:02 PM »
Looks great guys!  It's nice to see you can still have a good looking website without scripts. Don't get me wrong, I do miss my ajax/php site, but these give me ideas of what to do with mine.  I'm sure I will rebuild mine over the next few weeks.

Why did you take the ajax/php off?

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 11:52:36 PM »

Why did you take the ajax/php off?

I have an Acurite station and my console kept having USB connection errors with Weather Display.  At first I thought it was my PC so I got a new one, but it still happened.  So instead of having to restart WD every 2 days, I just opted out of it.  I now use Kevin Key's Aculink Bridge Reader.  I really like it....very solid, and sends data to all your favorite sites. 

***wanted to add...the connection issue is an Aculink problem and not a Weather Display problem.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 12:05:46 AM by skysummit »
Hardware:  Acurite Atlas with Lightning Detector
CoCoRaHs Station: LA-TG-11

NWS's Ponchatoula/Hammond Area's COOP Member
President | Director of Operations - StormCast

Offline Central Maine Weather

• Forecaster
    • Central Maine Weather
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 06:22:24 AM »
       - Matt

Thanks. I too use the "free' version of webs. I can still do HTML. I still am able to use the old version of website builder and not use the site builder 3. Good think I didn't update to that newer version. I didn't like it when they first came out with it. Thanks again,
Mike
Mike,
  How do you access the old version of the website builder? I never updated to sitebuilder 3 myself, but thought it did it by itself automatically and never thought there was the old sitebuilder still available. Right now when I click on the HTML editor tab I get a message saying I can't use the HTML editor unless I 'Upgrade'.  :???: If you have a way to work around this I'd love to know about it (How you do it, like what is the URL to the old sitebuilder), as I really would like to add a few things to my site! I would LOVE to be able to use the HTML editor again on the free version!
Thanks,
     - Matt
Central Maine Weather | Manchester, ME, USA
Davis Vantage Pro2 w/24hr FARS & WeatherLink Live
CWOP ID GW1328
CoCoRAHS ID ME-KB-55
My YouTube Channel = https://www.youtube.com/@OffTrailMaine

Offline wxman1952

• Forecaster
    • Saginaw County Weather
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 07:14:22 PM »

Thanks. I still can do Java scripts and HTML scripts with my webs.com site

Offline wxman1952

• Forecaster
    • Saginaw County Weather
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 07:16:00 PM »
       - Matt
Matt, I sent you an e-mail. let me know if you got it and if I can answer any questions you have.
Thanks, Mike
Mike
Mike,
  How do you access the old version of the website builder? I never updated to sitebuilder 3 myself, but thought it did it by itself automatically and never thought there was the old sitebuilder still available. Right now when I click on the HTML editor tab I get a message saying I can't use the HTML editor unless I 'Upgrade'.  :???: If you have a way to work around this I'd love to know about it (How you do it, like what is the URL to the old sitebuilder), as I really would like to add a few things to my site! I would LOVE to be able to use the HTML editor again on the free version!
Thanks,
     - Matt

Offline virusdunil

• Forecaster
    • Station Meteo Hebertville
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 04:42:42 PM »
I guess like all of us who has a website, we never stop trying to tweak our site a bit. lol Well, I did it to my home page again. Any and all comments are welcome
Mike

Leaving a weather website untouched for 3-4 days ???

I call that Mission Impossible hahaha
Cabled Vantage pro2 + Solar / Stevensen screen
Weather Display latest version + Boltek PCI-NexStorm-StormVue NGX / NSDisplay

http://www.meteolacstjean.com/weather28/index.php
Meteotemplate : http://www.meteolacstjean.com/hebert/index.php

anything