Author Topic: Rose NY Weather  (Read 1859 times)

rikostan

Rose NY Weather
« on: October 21, 2008, 02:11:18 PM »
Actually the site isn't really ready yet. I am just scraping the wunderground flash for my station for now. I still haven't decided which software to use. There are some great free all in one scripts out there and some awesome software too, but currently I am just using WUHU to upload the data to all of the main sites. I am leaning towards either Weather Display or VWS....

http://rikostan.com

I hope to have some real weather data and history up in the next week or so.

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
Re: Rose NY Weather
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 03:17:03 PM »
Welcome!  :-)
Tony

rikostan

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 08:45:42 PM »
Thanks cny. Well I have more data available now. Check out the NEWN mesomap and the "weather test" link. I still have a ton of work to do, but the bones are in place. I really just need to customize and work the weather data into my existing framework.

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 04:50:32 PM »
I see you're using the AJAX-Template. That sure makes
it pretty easy doesnt it and it's not too hard to customize
to your own needs.
Tony

rikostan

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 11:40:32 AM »
Still a lot more work to do, but I have most of the data integrated into my site now.

The scripts are friggin awesome. They have saved me weeks of time!
I still need to tweak how the data looks, but I am a lot closer now. The weather link takes you directly to the main weather. I am going to incorporate the flyout menu from the saratoga script into my current menu, so all of the links will be there sooner or later. I also need to work on the station history. It currently only works for the current month, but it's because of changes I made.

anything