Weather Software > VWS Beta Testing

No communication WMR968 and VWS

(1/2) > >>

Suncoast:
I had to change my battery that keeps time on the computer because I noticed the time was off on my weather page. I changed battery and everything was ok for a few days. Then I upgraded to service pack 3 and lost communication between the weather station (WMR968) and the computer with nothing showing up on the computer from the station. I updated to VWS v14 and it worked for a couple of days then lost communications with the weather station again. I made sure the weather station was plugged into the wall and the serial cable was installed correctly.The VWS software says that it has communications with the weather station but nothing shows up on the computer screen all the areas are blank. It also is not sending any info to my weather web site.  (http://web.tampabay.rr.com/bsweather/)

Any help would be great as I really miss my weather online.

Thanks Bryan

mackbig:
You say that "The VWS software says that it has communications with the weather station... Does every sensor listed on the sensor communication window that has a checkmark also have a green light.  If just one sensor does not report, none of them will show up on your VWS display screen.

Andrew

Suncoast:

--- Quote from: mackbig on September 30, 2008, 12:30:55 PM ---You say that "The VWS software says that it has communications with the weather station... Does every sensor listed on the sensor communication window that has a checkmark also have a green light.  If just one sensor does not report, none of them will show up on your VWS display screen.

Andrew

--- End quote ---

Thanks Andrew, that fixed the problem. My rain gauge didnt have a green light so I unchecked it and the display came on and my web site is updating. 

Now I got to go see why that brand new rain gauge and transmitter is not sending the info to my base unit.

Bryan

mackbig:
That's good that one part of the problem is solved.  If the solar x-mitter is blinking every so often, do the channel search. Press and hold the channel button on console untill you hear a few beeps, hopefully it will find it then.  I think you will have to restart VWS again once the console finds the rain gauge....

Andrew

Suncoast:
Ok got it back online. Had to move the base unit to a different location. It will be good for a day or so then lose contact again. I replaced the whole rain gauge unit and it still does it. I even moved the transmitter to a different location.  It is only the rain gauge, everything else works great. They are all mounted in the same general location. The base is on top of my computer stand less than 75 feet from the transmitter. The base is close to the wifi modem and I think it is part of the problem.  I may try and move the wifi modem and get some distance from the weather base.

Man to many wireless things in this house, 2 baby monitors 900 MHz and 2.4 ghz ,cordless phone 2.4 gHz, wifi modem and a print server modem and the weather station . I feel the tumor in my head already!

Bryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version