Author Topic: Calibrating for Sea Level Barometer  (Read 5019 times)

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
Calibrating for Sea Level Barometer
« on: September 12, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »
I found this website
http://www.csgnetwork.com/barcorrecthcalc.html
and I recalibrate my SL Barometer readings to match it's formula each month. 

Does anyone know the exact formula that they use, just in case the website ever disappears?

Does anyone use any other method rather than "getting the numbers" from your local TV station or Airport?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 05:06:30 PM by sam2004gp »
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: Calibrating for Sea Level Barometer
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:23:21 PM »
There  is a way that VWS will calculate the off set for you. I set mine up that way but I'll have to look at my notes to see where it's located.There was a discussion about that at the other location
some said it worked while others said it didn't work and that feature was never a part of VWS but I do remember a way it was done withing the program on V13 anyway.
IIRC the procedure works very similar to what the Davis console procedure does within the Davis stations.

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
cw8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline WilliamTobler

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 10:40:35 PM »
The equations are in their Javascript.

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 08:34:12 AM »
Just do a save-as on the page, and then you will have a copy in case the site disappears.

Luckily I live only a few miles from an official airport weather station, so my setting is pretty easy and accurate relative to EnviroCanada

Andrew

Does anyone know the exact formula that they use, just in case the website ever disappears?
Does anyone use any other method rather than "getting the numbers" from your local TV station or Airport?

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 07:04:58 AM »
Just do a save-as on the page, and then you will have a copy in case the site disappears.

Luckily I live only a few miles from an official airport weather station, so my setting is pretty easy and accurate relative to EnviroCanada

Andrew

What a great Idea, I have them saved with all of my other "Weather Station Info Documents" (Manuals, tricks, parts lists, etc..)
Thanks a bunch for a new look on a old idea. :grin:
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09