Author Topic: Neato !  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Neato !
« on: September 12, 2008, 12:20:42 PM »
I was tripping through another forum and tripped over this. WD is able to send data to a moving message sign ! Wow ! and really neat ! Someone in the forum said...so what and why.....I could see putting it in a store window or a lobby area or a public area....just a really cool idea. Not a widely used type of idea but still it is great to see one of the other software packages besting the other one and going outside the box. One guy has a cam showing his sign working.

http://tonspa.camstreams.com/

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
Re: Neato !
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 08:28:33 AM »
Thats way cool.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: Neato !
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 10:35:34 AM »
I was tripping through another forum and tripped over this. WD is able to send data to a moving message sign ! Wow ! and really neat ! Someone in the forum said...so what and why.....I could see putting it in a store window or a lobby area or a public area....just a really cool idea. Not a widely used type of idea but still it is great to see one of the other software packages besting the other one and going outside the box. One guy has a cam showing his sign working.

http://tonspa.camstreams.com/

That sounds like a good way to display warnings and watches for the masses ! They have been doing the big sign thing along the interstate near me that is used for things like that.
I'm sure the state of Virginia paid a lot more than WD for the software to run those! Sad thing it probably doesn't work any better :grin:
Government has those extended allowances ;)

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
cw8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092