Author Topic: wind speed and wind gust in AJAX script outputting the same value always  (Read 1614 times)

jwyman

All,
  I had a user point out to me that my wind speed and windgust values are always the same. The tags i am using is vxv002 for wind speed and vxv003 for the wind gust. On my console, i DO get different values out...
 Is it possible the VWS is mucking it up?

Jim

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: wind speed and wind gust in AJAX script outputting the same value always
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 01:05:53 PM »
Jim, I just checked your site and your homepage does show different values for Wind and Wind Gust with and without AJAX engaged.

Was there a different page that was showing the issue?

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

jwyman

Re: wind speed and wind gust in AJAX script outputting the same value always
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 01:19:43 PM »
Ken and all,
  I just discoveed that the settings in VWS for sampling where set for 40 samples and filereted avg at 60 mins. Using station calculation.  I have since changed it to 30 smaples for gust, 50 mins for filtered avg and now using gust in sample period.... That seems to have change things and now the wind and wind gust are different. Thanks!  I know thet has been a lot written on this in the old ambient forums but someone may want to shed some light on the correct settings for VWS wind sampling....

Jim

anything