Author Topic: Connecting to wunderground  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Blackbird

Connecting to wunderground
« on: September 01, 2013, 12:39:56 PM »
After doing loads of research I have opted for the fine offset weather station wh1081 bought from maplins. I have got it set up in the garden and am receiving data to the unit in the house.i have also downloaded from the App Store  weather snoop on a trial period. And have connected the indoor receiver with the supplied USB cable and sent some data to weather snoop.However I have also tried to register with wunderground ,have registered my details,they then sent me a link to activate my account, on doing so when the page opened I had to fill more details about my handle,address,latitude-longitude coordinates  etc. when I clicked to send  my details off I received an unknown error message repeated this several times with the same outcome,I did't think this would turn out to be so difficult and starting to loose interest with the whole thing,can anyone offer any advice before I pack it in please.
Thank you and looking forward to some advice.  blackbird (tony) #-o

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Connecting to wunderground
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 02:19:40 PM »
It has been a long time when mine was registered so can't recall the steps, other than it was a breeze.  I do recall that the WU ID was case sensitive and also to use correct number 0 zero, and letter O as applicable.  I hope you get it sorted out soon and can begin enjoying it (along with the hair-pulling-out times) :-(

Paul

Offline wxman2003

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 02:27:12 PM »
Are you west of longitude 0? If you are, did you place a minus sign in front of number? Did you also leave MADIS ID blank?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:28:56 PM by wxman2003 »

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 02:29:14 PM »
I'd send WU a trouble ticket before giving up.  It will probably be Tuesday before they get back to you because of the holiday.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Blackbird

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 12:37:49 PM »
Got  my station registered on Sunday evening,after doing a bit more messing about with the password,think it was to do with being case sensitive so up and running now.just as a side question,
I don't understand how to set the pressure on the display unit in the house,and what the difference between relative,absolute and them things that say hPa,inHg,and mmHg,wot do they mean.
When I look at a station not far from me the pressure on that site may say 30.8,so how would I go about setting my pressure to that one as I would not wish to give false readings this I don't understand.
My weather station I ended up with   ambient 1081 from maplins pleased so far.
Can someone offer help on this please. =D>
   Regards
Blackbird (tony) :grin:

Offline wxman2003

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 01:36:26 PM »
Got  my station registered on Sunday evening,after doing a bit more messing about with the password,think it was to do with being case sensitive so up and running now.just as a side question,
I don't understand how to set the pressure on the display unit in the house,and what the difference between relative,absolute and them things that say hPa,inHg,and mmHg,wot do they mean.
When I look at a station not far from me the pressure on that site may say 30.8,so how would I go about setting my pressure to that one as I would not wish to give false readings this I don't understand.
My weather station I ended up with   ambient 1081 from maplins pleased so far.
Can someone offer help on this please. =D>
   Regards
Blackbird (tony) :grin:

Set to relative as this is what is commonly used as it is corrected to sea level. Select inHg. There will be some sort of pressure setup mode with your console that will allow you to adjust your pressure to a value of a reliable site near you. If you have an official government weather observing site near you, or an airport, use their pressure and correct yours to what they are reporting.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
Set to relative as this is what is commonly used as it is corrected to sea level. Select inHg. There will be some sort of pressure setup mode with your console that will allow you to adjust your pressure to a value of a reliable site near you. If you have an official government weather observing site near you, or an airport, use their pressure and correct yours to what they are reporting.

It would help to do this on a calm day, when the pressure is more or less steady.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

anything