Author Topic: WeatherLink to WDL  (Read 2157 times)

Offline reckless

WeatherLink to WDL
« on: August 05, 2008, 04:52:20 PM »
Hi everybody,

I have just set up my new wireless VP2 in rainy Pembrokeshire (UK) and want to publish the data on my website. I'm not that impressed with the weatherlink graphics but I like the WDL type display. My question is this:

Is there a way to port downloaded data from the VP2 via weatherlink into WDL for no additional outlay or do I regard the money spent on weatherlink as the cost of the data logger and have to go and buy WD and WDL to get the kind of display I want?

Andy
Brand spanking new Wireless VP2!

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
Re: WeatherLink to WDL
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 10:12:50 PM »
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find there are members who rely only on WL to drive their websites. Most use either WD or VWS and some use both with the help of VirtualVP from Softwx. But to answer your question, you will need to buy any of those programs.

It is a shame that Davis doesn't market WL as a free program bundled with the necessary DataLogger.

Enjoy,

George

Offline reckless

Re: WeatherLink to WDL
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:54:25 AM »
Thanks George,

The answer was kind of how I expected but at least the software needed to produce a fairly slick looking summary information page is not too expensive. Now all I need to do is weigh up the pros and cons of WD and VWS! :-)

Andy
Brand spanking new Wireless VP2!

anything